iPhone X static/tingling feeling when holding it in my hand

GameLifter

Gawd
Ever since getting my iPhone X I have noticed an odd static electricity like feeling when I hold it in my hand. This is both with and without a case. I did some googling and found a few other cases of this with older iPhones and other Apple products. Some said it's normal due to the devices having Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios but others said it's a problem that warrants a replacement. Has anyone else with an iPhone X noticed this feeling or should I get mine replaced? Or could I just be imagining it?

This feels like a defect, I'd get it replaced..

Yup, definitely a defect. I have felt it on a few phones. It is a possible safety concern as well. With how new the X is I have no doubt they will want to capture it for replacement anyways.

Yup, definitely a defect. I have felt it on a few phones. It is a possible safety concern as well. With how new the X is I have no doubt they will want to capture it for replacement anyways.

Thanks for the input! Good to know I'm not just imagining it. Time for me to work on getting a replacement.

Walk into the nearest apple store and they should just swap it over. Thats what happened when my iphone 6 just started overheating in my hand about a week after getting it.

I stopped by the Apple store and had them run a diagnostics and it found no issues with the phone but I'm not sure if this would have found the cause of the static issue anyway. The guy told me they didn't have any in stock for a replacement and that I could get it replaced when they do. The static feeling has mostly gone away for now so I'm going to keep using the phone and keep tabs on the issue. I'm hoping it goes away for good or that whatever caused it wasn't related to an issue with the phone.

Hey I am really glad they seem cool with swapping it based on basically, your verbal confirmation that its static. I guess they are probably low on stock :D

Back