iPhone X May Be “End of Life” When Replacements Ship

I know lots of 8 owners. That's anecdotal of course, but most of my technology-challenged extended family and friends have one. The X is clearly the "enthusiast" model, but as a normal consumer device the 8 still has an audience that doesn't want the additional cost or lack of a function button. Most of them had the 5 or 6 and so they upgraded to the 8 rather than the X.

Off topic (Samsung)... my daughter is taking a Public Relations class, and she chose the Samsung S7 Note exploding battery problem. Here were my (dark) funny suggestions to her:

Combine the PR with:

1. Buying a new fire extinguisher.
  2. Getting a first aid kit.
  3. A local gun show.

If you are buying a phone that cost $999 chances are you are the type of consumer that just wants to have the best or most expensive. That type of consumer is not going to want an old iphoneX anytime close to when the next one will release. So for apple it makes sense to stop making the old one so they can ramp up production of the new one, and build up demand in the new one. The new one will at the very least come with a newer fast SOC making the older one completely obsolete for this customer demographic. On top of that apple has probably figured out some more ways to make this phone cheaper to increase the profit margin on the new one.

I don't think this has anything to do with low sales volume.

The family just switched to T-Mobile as it's a lot cheaper than what we had my only problem is my Iphone 6+ is missing a receiver so I get much worse reception compared to my kids G6's and my wife's 8. I wasn't going to buy an 8 since it really isn't much of an improvement over my 6 and the X is too expensive. I'll most likely get something this year a cheaper X with an LCD and no notch wold be fine for me.

the courage to sell EOL phones is the most courageous thing ever.

Dear god, do you people even grasp the point of the article. Apple usually "creates" a budget phone line by bumping everything down a notch. These guys suspect the iphone X won't be part of that plan. They are probably right. It doesn't mean the X is EOL, as it will still be supported, end of support and spares is usually the accepted meaning of EOL.

I don't think the pundits are necessarily wrong, but who knows. Initially apple claimed faceID would be coming to the entire line up. But they also wanted touchID under the screen, which is a a thing that is sorted out now and could be done. So who knows what will be shuffled where next version. All I know is my 6 is getting long in the tooth, android still has all the ecosystem problems that keeps me away from android, and the X is WAAYYYY too fucking beta for me. A revised X with both faceID and touchID would suit me fine.

I wanted to switch from Verizon to AT&T. And the latter had a buy one get one free deal. So I moved from the 7 Plus to the 8 Plus. And as a hobbyist photographer, I really enjoy the quality of the new camera. Sometimes I use the iPhone 8 Plus instead of my Canon 5D Mark IV for basic shots. lol

I was thinking of doing this exact same thing, they have our buildings at work wired with AT&T repeaters, able to get a cell signal even in the basement. My Wife works in the basement and is about fed up. Our wi-fi sucks ass, thousands of people at once trying to connect at once and it chokes.

They still doing the contract payoff thing?

Back