iPhone X Got Sold Out Within Minutes, New Orders Won’t Ship Before End Of Year

No, no they don't. And if their stock is that volatile, then YES they did sell out.

lol this is funny, a person who makes a wild claim expects everyone else to support their opinion but his.
Tell me about it. They can't defend themselves except with opinion's. Oh well. No big loss.

No, no they don't. And if their stock is that volatile, then YES they did sell out.

lol this is funny, a person who makes a wild claim expects everyone else to support their opinion but his.

Hit the nail right on the head.

I will never stop believing Apple is more than an exceptionally good mimic until they at least allow you to move the icons around on your phone. I mean seriously, it's almost 2018. I should be able to arrange my damn icons as I please, it's not even a security issue or a usability issue. And last iOS release you couldn't even use your own wallpaper without them altering it to adjust the brightness. Now with iOS 11 I'm lucky if my phone isn't locked in landscape rotation no matter what I do, and it still isn't fixed. The hardware is wonderful but considering they don't really innovate otherwise where is all the R&D time and money going when some of the very basics don't work?

That said, I still intent to get an X, for no other reason than I want a phone that, *gasp* has had the design updated more recently than 3 (or 5, for the SE) years ago. And Android isn't an option unfortunately.
What do you mean? I can't remember a time when you couldn't move your icons around (and i go back to the 4 or 4s).

On Saturday I got an alert from Best Buy app about iPhone X being available. Out of curiosity I checked and it claimed it would have been delivered by Nov. 15 for either of the AT&T models. No way I am paying $1,000 for a phone so I'm not sure if that was accurate but should somebody really want one might be worth looking at the other retailers to see.

So, everyone on that forum is lying that got one by walking in the next day? Wild claim? But I posted the link. LOL! Wow some people.

On Saturday I got an alert from Best Buy app about iPhone X being available. Out of curiosity I checked and it claimed it would have been delivered by Nov. 15 for either of the AT&T models. No way I am paying $1,000 for a phone so I'm not sure if that was accurate but should somebody really want one might be worth looking at the other retailers to see.

A friend walked into our local Best Buy and got one on Saturday as well. It's definitely true they had stock at some.

Apple uses pull marketing instead of usual push marketing. Normally a supplier pushes merchandise to the retail shelves and then advertises to the market about availability. People come into a store and then wander around checking things out, whether it's a phone, a candy bar, or service (theses are our deals, come see our deals, etc.). Generally manufactures have relationships with vendors and those supply chains mean the entities have to forge deals with one another to guarantee a relatively unknown demand is met and that the most powerful entities get the best slots (Samsung getting storefront space, Coke getting end cap space in supermarkets, and vendors agreeing to stock and buy/sell X amount of product, etc.)

Apple, however, generates demand on the consumer side. They control their supply chain from manufacturing to retail. They rely on customer demand "pulling" their products through their supply chain to market so they can keep their inventory low, maximize retail space for customer experience rather than stocking, and having a relatively consistent demand curve which keeps their manufacturing costs low. It's a very lean market strategy and it's this modality that people who know what they're talking about when they liken Jobs to Ford and talk about revolutionizing thre market space--not how it consistently gets dumbed down here to aesthetic elements for whatever reasons.

That market strategy necessarily results in lagged supplies, but rather than some silly scheme to increase retail sales through false shortages, it means at the tail end of the demand curve Apple isn't left with a warehouse of unwanted goods that they then have to discount to consumers.

I don't know what's going on with the pseudo argument above unless it's deliberate trolling. Obviously during a release while stock is updating and churning daily, some people will get lucky and some will not. The linked thread has a few accounts of people getting lucky canceling their pre orders and getting one locally but just as many people canceling their pre orders and then the devices selling out locally before they can put their hold on it.

Being able to get one before your order ships is a lottery, one which should be familiar to anyone on this site since the same kinds of things happen with video game pre orders for example and everyone knows that retail stores get a certain allotment of stock that is completely separate from online deliveries.

What do you mean? I can't remember a time when you couldn't move your icons around (and i go back to the 4 or 4s).
You can reorder them but you cannot have any space between icons. Which means you can't group them on either side, top and bottom, or just have a row of frequently used apps separated by a space. iOS 11 on iPad at least has a launcher bar now, which despite looking kind of dumb initially has been a very nice addition that I love and use frequently. But I still can't arrange my icons in any way that doesn't involve them all touching each other. It seems like a minor thing but having gone back to Android for a year then coming back, it was one of the most glaring omissions in iOS (that and the still-poor widget system).

Back