iPhone X Got Sold Out Within Minutes, New Orders Won’t Ship Before End Of Year

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
The Apple iPhone X was on pre-order today.....for 2 to 3 minutes. Selling out that fast does make it seem some of the rumors about low stock availability might be true. If there were 2-3 million units available today then Apple just raked in approximately $2 billion in revenue. Wow, talk about printing money.

Apple’s stunning new iPhone X is now available for pre-order for delivery on launch day. Sorry, that should actually read Apple’s iPhone X was available for pre-order for launch day delivery for a period of approximately 2-3 minutes before the initial stock was depleted.

At this rate they will have to open up their own bank.
the iBank maybe?
The new Apple love doll, the iSpank.
Oh it's Friday. :)

Weren't there only going to be 45,000 in the first batch? 3 minutes to sell that many would be expected.

$1149 device with $355 worth of physical hardware, I really will never understand why people just love giving Apple so much profit for the same old same old. :(

True. But don't forget software development costs, Apple R&D and future costs. It's more like a $700 device for $1,149, which makes more sense.

I suppose the reports of Apple's death over the low sales of the iPhone 8 were greatly exaggerated.

True. But don't forget software development costs, Apple R&D and future costs. It's more like a $700 device for $1,149, which makes more sense.

Because Apple has been operating off pure profit for the past decade or so and will continue to do so for many many years to come, they haven't "paid a dime" for any R&D, haven't paid a dime for actual hardware, haven't paid a dime for the companies they've acquired that just help them make even more profit, and they absolutely haven't spent a dime on the lawyers that keep them protected by having their profits stashed outside of the US and other countries ensuring they take advantage of every possible little technical aspect of the tax code of the US and other countries as well.

So no, ain't costing them a dime. ;)

$1149 device with $355 worth of physical hardware, I really will never understand why people just love giving Apple so much profit for the same old same old. :(

From the looks at it, it's the people that scream about the corporate CEO's making too much money and corporations are evil that seem to buy the latest and greatest iProducts.

The phone looks great, and I'm sure it's a great phone. I just couldn't spend that much $$ on a phone. I'd rather buy a 1080Ti, beer, and some blow (yea, my priorities are fucked up... no hookers).

I'd love to have one. I don't think too many people are hating on the phone itself. The price? Yea. For sure. :)

The reporting I've read is it is $581 for the $999 model. While I too think it it is overpriced it's not a ridiculous margin for a top tier device.

Guys, it's an initial batch. See if the thing is selling like Lawbreakers in 3 months when the thrill is gone and MacRumors will be speculating on the iphoneX update coming in just half-a-year's time :)

Or this is Apple aping Nintendo's action...

You cannot deny the fact that iphone 8 is just a huge, huge yawn with most people going "yeah I'll just stick with my 6 or 7".....and if they can't make X fast enough (For whatever reason) that's going to hit them hard in the wallet.

With things like this happening, I would expect the 2018 version to go on preorder at $1,999 easy.

Weren't there only going to be 45,000 in the first batch? 3 minutes to sell that many would be expected.

45k in the first batch? lol what.

It was estimated there were between 2-3 million in the first batch.

From the looks at it, it's the people that scream about the corporate CEO's making too much money and corporations are evil that seem to buy the latest and greatest iProducts.
The phone looks great, and I'm sure it's a great phone. I just couldn't spend that much $$ on a phone. I'd rather buy a 1080Ti, beer, and some blow (yea, my priorities are fucked up... no hookers).
I'd love to have one. I don't think too many people are hating on the phone itself. The price? Yea. For sure. :)
How is this different than the people on [H] that spend thousands on hardware so they can overclock the CPU and GPU? When I first overclocked, it was a way to get more HP for less money, now people spend insane amounts of money to get a little more HP.

Early Adopters always spend a ton of new technology, whether that's a new CPU/GPU or a new phone. Go look on the phone forums, and those people have been and continue to buy new phones every few months.

Besides, a 3x markup is misleading. They're selling not just hte H/W but software as well as the R&D behind that H/W and software. Just looking that price of the H/W is like saying a game on disk is marked up 60x because the disk only costs a buck...maybe just 30x if the packaging costs a buck too.

FWIW, they had phones available for at least 30 minutes, but you had to be with sprint. Unfortunately for me, sprint (or apple) kept saying my plan wasn't compatible with the iPhone (even though I have one on it right now). Finally gave up. That said, sprint was the only one that had phones available that long. If htey just sold the phones without a SIM (or through one in outside the box), they wouldn't have lasted. It's ironic, because Sprint and Verizon are probalby the world phones. If it's like the 8, T-Mobile and AT&T don't have CDMA. Not an issue in many places, but there are other countries that have CDMA carriers.

I wish every MFG had both CDMA/GSM in one phone. Also wish Apple would take 2 Sim cards.

How is this different than the people on [H] that spend thousands on hardware so they can overclock the CPU and GPU? When I first overclocked, it was a way to get more HP for less money, now people spend insane amounts of money to get a little more HP.

Early Adopters always spend a ton of new technology, whether that's a new CPU/GPU or a new phone. Go look on the phone forums, and those people have been and continue to buy new phones every few months.

Besides, a 3x markup is misleading. They're selling not just hte H/W but software as well as the R&D behind that H/W and software. Just looking that price of the H/W is like saying a game on disk is marked up 60x because the disk only costs a buck...maybe just 30x if the packaging costs a buck too.

Because we aren't complaining and against those companies that we buy from. We aren't being hypocrites. We aren't complaining that the company sucks, they shouldn't profit off of minimum wage labor, CEO is making too much, and then continue to support them at every phone release. That's the thing.

Early adopters are fine. I'm good with those. At least they know what they are supporting and are fine with it. If someone wants to spend money, that's fine with me. I don't care what they spend money on.

Really? The X costs over 50% more than my pixel 2... That's not including the 425$ I'll bet getting back for switching to Tmobile.....

Pixel 2 offer from T-Mobile is only $325 w/ a new line. The extra $100 you're getting isn't related to the Pixel 2.

T-Mobile is also offering $300 off of an iPhone X with a 24 month installment plan and eligible trade in.

Pixel 2 offer from T-Mobile is only $325 w/ a new line. The extra $100 you're getting isn't related to the Pixel 2.

T-Mobile is also offering $300 off of an iPhone X with a 24 month installment plan and eligible trade in.

You're missing the part that the base price of the X is over 50% more than the pixel 2. The discount offer is just icing on the cake, and doesn't require a trade-in or 24 month installment plan like the X

You're missing the part that the base price of the X is over 50% more than the pixel 2. The discount offer is just icing on the cake, and doesn't require a trade-in or 24 month installment plan like the X
But the $325 off of the Pixel 2 requires a new line which is what you're not stating. Might be good for anyone who was planning on adding one anyway like yourself, but not for the majority of people.

And the iPhone X is a lot more comparable to the Pixel 2 XL than the Pixel 2. The Pixel 2 is basically an iPhone 8 equivalent.

I've completely lost interest in new phones. I get a new phone only when I have to, and even then there is very little difference in the newer model. Resolution is already at a point where I can't tell what phone has the higher resolution, and which was the standard in 2014. Phones suck for gaming, and reading emails and the such is a strain, and I use an iPhone 7+ which is pretty big.

I'm with the guys who say graphics cards and blow all the way. haha. Oh, and a Vive.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Got 2 v30 phones. 2 Google day dreams and 2 LG 8 plus lte tablets for 1100$ and got out of a contract with Jump! That I owed 380 on.

Now that's a deal.

Because we aren't complaining and against those companies that we buy from. We aren't being hypocrites. We aren't complaining that the company sucks, they shouldn't profit off of minimum wage labor, CEO is making too much, and then continue to support them at every phone release. That's the thing.

Early adopters are fine. I'm good with those. At least they know what they are supporting and are fine with it. If someone wants to spend money, that's fine with me. I don't care what they spend money on.
Umm Intel gets a lot of complaints.

I’ll get the X eventually but I’m not refreshing a site waiting for it to come into stock, I have other priorities in life. Like complaining on the internet. Much more fun!

Your assumption about who buys Apple products is wrong. I know as many conservatives that buy Apple devices as lefties.

But let's assume you're right that they're all lefties.

Using your logic, if someone doesn't like that CEOs make too much money (or use cheap labor) they shouldn't buy any technology? Because that's essentially what they'd have to do. There are few, if any, computer or phone companies that don't have high paid CEOs and low paid Chinese workers in their supply chain. There are no Wireless carriers without highly compensated CEOs, so no mobile service either (much less a land line). Want to drive a car? Sorry, CEOs. Mass Transportation? Buses/trains=CEOs. Gotta walk. Need some good shoes for all that walking? Sorry, CEOs. And of course no HardOCP, because ISP=CEOs=no purchase.

So to sum it up: if you complain about CEO pay or low paid workers, you can't live in the modern world. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I’ll get the X eventually but I’m not refreshing a site waiting for it to come into stock, I have other priorities in life. Like complaining on the internet. Much more fun!
Since I didn't get one last night, I'll either buy one used sometime next year or I'll wait till the next model. Till then, I'll keep my 6s+

I've completely lost interest in new phones. I get a new phone only when I have to, and even then there is very little difference in the newer model. Resolution is already at a point where I can't tell what phone has the higher resolution, and which was the standard in 2014. Phones suck for gaming, and reading emails and the such is a strain, and I use an iPhone 7+ which is pretty big.

I've got the previous + model and I have no problem with emails on it. Now on 6/7/8 screen it can be a PITA. Guess I should just be happy my close up vision isn't bad enough to require reading glasses (yet)

Since I didn't get one last night, I'll either buy one used sometime next year or I'll wait till the next model. Till then, I'll keep my 6s+

I've got the previous + model and I have no problem with emails on it. Now on 6/7/8 screen it can be a PITA. Guess I should just be happy my close up vision isn't bad enough to require reading glasses (yet)
On the same phone and in the same mindset as you.

The 6S+ hasn’t let me down yet, plus we still have like 4 more years of updates left on it lol.

i randomly woke up to piss at 2:45AM and thought about it and managed to snag one.

in my sleepiness i bought a 64GB which was the "standard" size, which is inconveniently LESS STORANGE than my current 128GB iphone 7. Should not be allowed to make large purchasing decisions in the middle of the night. Verizon could have asked me to sign my life away and I probably would have just so I could get back to sleep.

Well the British phone operator 3 is offering the iPhoneX on a 2year contract for £117 ($150) per month . The end unit price is £2,100

Well the British phone operator 3 is offering the iPhoneX on a 2year contract for £117 ($150) per month . The end unit price is £2,100
Wow that seems really high. Not sure how much they cost outright, for that price, you could take a trip to the U.S. on a cheap carrier next year, buy a few iPhones (for you and friends) save a boat load of money...heck, you might be able break even buying just one phone.

I forgot to order one of these for work today, now I won’t be able to get in the order until Monday, ugh.

Back