iPhone X Got Sold Out Within Minutes, New Orders Won’t Ship Before End Of Year

I've seen posted around the web that demand is through the roof. No... No it's not. Deliberately producing less than you know you need to create artificial demand does not equal demand through the roof. It equals lies and bullshit marketing.

I've seen posted around the web that demand is through the roof. No... No it's not. Deliberately producing less than you know you need to create artificial demand does not equal demand through the roof. It equals lies and bullshit marketing.

Lmao. Deliberately? Ok. Now I've seen it all by blind Apple haters. So having problems making the actual FaceID chip = artificial creation of demand, gotcha.

Given the first batch was about mid 40K, no surprises. The notch still makes it look ugly. Guess some people have money to piss around or simply bragging rights. Even the leaked video of iPhone X does not impressed me.

I love all the made up stories and logical fallacies that show up.

“This one time, I saw a mom of 8 children go homeless because she bought an iPhone.”
And don't forget the main market for the iPhone is millenials. And not ones with a good pay check. These are all broke kids that need that status symbol.

main-qimg-38f1dcced8b80fe440b8775327c8fc78

7D0F36D85E384C379AFA58707C5B1592.jpg

And don't forget the main market for the iPhone is millenials. And not ones with a good pay check. These are all broke kids that need that status symbol.

main-qimg-38f1dcced8b80fe440b8775327c8fc78

7D0F36D85E384C379AFA58707C5B1592.jpg
Buuuuuut everyone knows iPhone people brag!

Everyone is better than some graph, sheesh.

Could just be me... but every time i hear about the new iphone... they tout these new features... and i think... thats funny, my android phones have had those for years. It's like iphone diehards think these features don't exist until they're on an iphone. Just my thoughts...

Could just be me... but every time i hear about the new iphone... they tout these new features... and i think... thats funny, my android phones have had those for years. It's like iphone diehards think these features don't exist until they're on an iphone. Just my thoughts...
Of course. My Note 5 from 2015 I think has close/equal or better specs? Maybe the cpu is faster on the Iphone? Blind devotion. Not my money.

first impression videos are out on youtube, and Face ID doesn't seem as shitty as some of you think.

The face ID implementation, AFAIK, is new. I don't think anyone else was using infrared, which I believe makes it much harder to put a picture on a stick . I'm not saying that they don't often claim to do something new that already existed see this amazingly accurate comic
1423139397987591345.jpg

But there are some unique features on this phone as well as the novel implementation of face recognition for unlocking the phone.

From what i've read only little kids and identical twins seem to be able to beat it (so far).

Everywhere I read they can’t stop praising the faceID on the X. I mean WHO KNEW IT WOULDNT BE A GIMMICK?

Of course. My Note 5 from 2015 I think has close/equal or better specs? Maybe the cpu is faster on the Iphone? Blind devotion. Not my money.

Are you talking about your own blind devotion? I love how you think your crappy Note 5 is better than an iPhone X. Deluded.

Are you talking about your own blind devotion? I love how you think your crappy Note 5 is better than an iPhone X. Deluded.
I guess I missed the part where I said that?
Some things are better some are not. Reading comprehension FTW.

Not a chance the Note 5 is better than the iPhone X in any aspect, imo. I own and am using the Note 5 since release, and the samsung lag is atrocious. This is even after complete wipe of the phone. The finger print scanner also sucks on the Note 5 tbh.

Not a chance the Note 5 is better than the iPhone X in any aspect, imo. I own and am using the Note 5 since release, and the samsung lag is atrocious. This is even after complete wipe of the phone. The finger print scanner also sucks on the Note 5 tbh.
Really? No chance? Weird, because it looks like some stuff is better. I use the 4 digit password option and it works good. Nothing on my phone that is sensitive.
Lag? I watch HD video's on my phone and have no lag. What lag's on your phone?

Really? No chance? Weird, because it looks like some stuff is better. I use the 4 digit password option and it works good. Nothing on my phone that is sensitive.
Lag? I watch HD video's on my phone and have no lag. What lag's on your phone?

Which stuff looks better? We can start from there. Videos won't lag, but every day use opening apps and having the keyboard lag when opening up whats app, things freezing before the touch screen works again. This doesn't happen ever or often on the pixel's or nexus phones.

Which stuff looks better? We can start from there. Videos won't lag, but every day use opening apps and having the keyboard lag when opening up whats app, things freezing before the touch screen works again. This doesn't happen ever or often on the pixel's or nexus phones.
Might want to get a new phone. I think yours is broke.
Note 5 looks to have better resolution and ppi 2560x1440 518ppi vs 2436x1125 448ppi?(not that it matters on a phone really) Not sure on the cpu. Note 5 has 16 MP camera instead of the 12. Video recording does 30fps at 4K instead of 24.
Correct me if I am wrong. It is almost 2018 and the newer phones should exceed the lower phones? At $1000 I would expect no less.

That's a strange way to measure features. So you believe that the PPI between the two phones on a screen this size is meaningless, but you're going to cite it anyway? And then cite the MP difference without regard to the overall feature the spec is referencing?

If you compare the PPI of your screen to the OLED screen and the raw MP of the camera without regard to which camera takes the better photos, that's the same argument as claiming my 4TB storage drive is "better" than my 500GB SSD based on the capacity alone.

Might want to get a new phone. I think yours is broke.
Note 5 looks to have better resolution and ppi 2560x1440 518ppi vs 2436x1125 448ppi?(not that it matters on a phone really) Not sure on the cpu. Note 5 has 16 MP camera instead of the 12. Video recording does 30fps at 4K instead of 24.
Correct me if I am wrong. It is almost 2018 and the newer phones should exceed the lower phones? At $1000 I would expect no less.

You do know that comparing megapixels is probably the worst way of comparing the quality of the camera?

My phone is not "broke". I've owned Samsung phones since the S3, there is the typical Samsung lag that you can feel on every single phone. Video recording without OIS is better than iPhone with? Okay.

I will correct you because you are wrong, the iPhone X exceeds in almost everything the Note 5 has to offer (As it should, its an older phone!). The new iPhone is actually a very good device for the release year. Blame Samsung for pricing phones high, as now every flagship seems to be similar in price.

You do know that comparing megapixels is probably the worst way of comparing the quality of the camera?

My phone is not "broke". I've owned Samsung phones since the S3, there is the typical Samsung lag that you can feel on every single phone. Video recording without OIS is better than iPhone with? Okay.

I will correct you because you are wrong, the iPhone X exceeds in almost everything the Note 5 has to offer (As it should, its an older phone!). The new iPhone is actually a very good device for the release year. Blame Samsung for pricing phones high, as now every flagship seems to be similar in price.
Ok.

Which is why I said on a phone it doesn't matter. Why is reading comprehension so hard!
There isn't anything wrong with mine or anyone else's reading comprehension; the issue is with how you are expressing yourself. The spec you cited either matters or it doesn't. If it doesn't matter, then using it as a point of why your phone is superior to a different phone is nonsensical.

It's interesting how after you make a claim and two people said ok let's look at the facts supporting the claim, you immediately resorted to dragging the conversation down into the shitter. You didn't even last a few posts before insulting me and refraxion, which makes it look like you entered the conversation basically just to troll people instead of having anything of substance to add to the conversation.

It's interesting how after you make a claim and two people said ok let's look at the facts supporting the claim, you immediately resorted to dragging the conversation down into the shitter. You didn't even last a few posts before insulting me and refraxion, which makes it look like you entered the conversation basically just to troll people instead of having anything of substance to add to the conversation.
I actually gave some info. The same can not be said for any of your posts. Put some effort into an argument!

I actually gave some info. The same can not be said for any of your posts. Put some effort into an argument!
I refuted the only information you gave: you said the PPI of the screen is higher on your phone but then argued against your own point by concluding it doesn't matter. Then you stated that the MP of your phone is higher, which I argued was the same incorrect comparison as a 4TB HD to a 500GB SSD.

It's not that, and everyone knows it. You don't compare phones or even Mac computers spec to spec. It's how well does the software work on the given hardware. I have used Android phones for years and switched to iPhone last year solely because iPhones just seem to work when I want it to. I don't like tinkering with my phones and I don't use 80% of the stuff the Samsung flagships have always packed into their phones. There is more to it than specs and everyone at this stage should be aware of that, and if not then folks are just willingly being ignorant. It's just a phone at the end of the day and when I take it out of my pocket I want it to do what it's supposed to do which is make/receive calls and emails, and occasionally run some apps. Androids phones short of the stock Android ones have become overly complicated messes and I have never ever ever been able to run a Android phone for more than a year without stability issues and the inevitable slow-down, but iPhones simply don't have that much of a problem when it comes to that. I love tinkering with my PC, and I hate Macs but the last thing I want when I look at my phone is to tinker with every fucking setting known to man and be frustrated with the apparent lag when doing certain things. There has yet to be a Android phone that has lasted me over a year that hasn't run into that issue. After a year of using my iPhone 7 Plus I have 0 issues. 0 slowdown, and 0 headache. It's entirely a preference and people have the right to choose. I own no other Apple products other than a iPad and a iPhone and that is the extent of my involvement with Apple because in my opinion those products are the best in-class products in overall terms for my needs.

Last edited:
It's not that any everyone knows it. You don't compare phones or even Mac computers spec to spec. It's how well does the software work on the given hardware. I have used Android phones for years and switched to iPhone last year solely because iPhones just seem to work when I want it to. I don't like tinkering with my phones and I don't use 80% of the stuff the Samsung flagships have always packed into their phones. There is more to it than specs and everyone at this stage should be aware of that, and if not then folks are just willingly being ignorant. It's just a phone at the end of the day and when I take it out of my pocket I want it to do what it's supposed to do which is make/receive calls and emails, and occasionally run some apps. Androids phones short of the stock Android ones have become overly complicated messes and I have never ever ever been able to run a Android phone for more than a year without stability issues and the inevitable slow-down, but iPhones simply don't have that much of a problem when it comes to that. I love tinkering with my PC, and I hate Macs but the last thing I want when I look at my phone is to tinker with every fucking setting known to man and be frustrated with the apparent lag when doing certain things. There has yet to be a Android phone that has lasted me over a year that hasn't run into that issue. After a year of using my iPhone 7 Plus I have 0 issues. 0 slowdown, and 0 headache. It's entirely a preference and people have the right to choose. I own no other Apple products other than a iPad and a iPhone and that is the extent of my involvement with Apple because in my opinion those products are the best in-class products in overall terms for my needs.

Great post. I bought my first Macbook Pro, iMac and iPhone this year. I feel like an Android and Windows were designed by cave people who would insist on using a rectangular steering wheel no matter what. Did I say what a fantastic piece of hardware iPhone SE is?

i just went to Bestbuy to play with their iphone X demos.
Feels the same in my hand as my 4.7" android.

Coming from an android, the swiping on the X felt very intuitive. I've never used physical home buttons.

But I'm sticking with my LG L90 because I would never spend over $1000 for a damn phone. Not until I'm a multimillionaire. My LG does just fine for my needs.

Great post. I bought my first Macbook Pro, iMac and iPhone this year. I feel like an Android and Windows were designed by cave people who would insist on using a rectangular steering wheel no matter what. Did I say what a fantastic piece of hardware iPhone SE is?

I will never stop believing Apple is more than an exceptionally good mimic until they at least allow you to move the icons around on your phone. I mean seriously, it's almost 2018. I should be able to arrange my damn icons as I please, it's not even a security issue or a usability issue. And last iOS release you couldn't even use your own wallpaper without them altering it to adjust the brightness. Now with iOS 11 I'm lucky if my phone isn't locked in landscape rotation no matter what I do, and it still isn't fixed. The hardware is wonderful but considering they don't really innovate otherwise where is all the R&D time and money going when some of the very basics don't work?

That said, I still intent to get an X, for no other reason than I want a phone that, *gasp* has had the design updated more recently than 3 (or 5, for the SE) years ago. And Android isn't an option unfortunately.

Please take your own advice, and slowly, one word at a time, re-read your post, then my answer, then maybe, just maybe, you might comprehend what I, and the rest of the adults here are saying to you.

After reading your posts, I will no longer waste my time on a Troll which is obviously on a baiting spree. The trouble is that you are simply not clever enough to make an argument based on anything more complex than "mine is better than yours, and I said so". So I will leave you in the playground, with the other 10 year olds.

The Apple iPhone X was on pre-order today.....for 2 to 3 minutes. Selling out that fast does make it seem some of the rumors about low stock availability might be true. If there were 2-3 million units available today then Apple just raked in approximately $2 billion in revenue. Wow, talk about printing money.

Apple’s stunning new iPhone X is now available for pre-order for delivery on launch day. Sorry, that should actually read Apple’s iPhone X was available for pre-order for launch day delivery for a period of approximately 2-3 minutes before the initial stock was depleted.

Heh no matter how much I want this phone like every new phone comes out, after 4 months it is a dirty, dust filled boring device I wish I never had to turn on :p the thrill ends so fast but I always fall for it :| stupid brain!

Tons of Apple Stores have them in stock all over the US. They did not sell out.

Tons of Apple Stores have them in stock all over the US. They did not sell out.

Where are you getting this from? Then I should be getting mine, but shipping estimates for me are early to mid December.

Just checked pickup availability and the 11 stores within 150 miles or whatever don't have it.

Last edited:

Random forum posts says they saw it in stock - yes this is confirmation everyone is lying.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/04/iphone-x-availability-at-apple-stores/

You Can Now Check iPhone X Availability at Apple Stores With Limited Same Day In-Store Pickup

This announced its available....

Mind posting something showing that its IN STOCK somewhere? All around me its out of stock period, but this morning it was instock at BB for all of 5 minutes.

Random forum posts says they saw it in stock - yes this is confirmation everyone is lying.

This announced its available....

Mind posting something showing that its IN STOCK somewhere? All around me its out of stock period, but this morning it was instock at BB for all of 5 minutes.

Welcome to many hours later. But if you actually read the thread, many Apple Stores had it in stock and probably still do if you actually show up.

Please take your own advice, and slowly, one word at a time, re-read your post, then my answer, then maybe, just maybe, you might comprehend what I, and the rest of the adults here are saying to you.

After reading your posts, I will no longer waste my time on a Troll which is obviously on a baiting spree. The trouble is that you are simply not clever enough to make an argument based on anything more complex than "mine is better than yours, and I said so". So I will leave you in the playground, with the other 10 year olds.
special snowflake.gif

I was simply stating specs I read. Nobody offered any argument and explained why it was not better or worse.
Explain the reasons or you are just stating your opinion. I don't care if somebody wants to pay 1150 for a phone.
Not my money.

Welcome to many hours later. But if you actually read the thread, many Apple Stores had it in stock and probably still do if you actually show up.

No, no they don't. And if their stock is that volatile, then YES they did sell out.

View attachment 42029

I was simply stating specs I read. Nobody offered any argument and explained why it was not better or worse.
Explain the reasons or you are just stating your opinion. I don't care if somebody wants to pay 1150 for a phone.
Not my money.

lol this is funny, a person who makes a wild claim expects everyone else to support their opinion but his.

I suppose the reports of Apple's death over the low sales of the iPhone 8 were greatly exaggerated.

The fat lady is afraid to get up on stage and sing with those low supply numbers.

Back