iPhone X and more recent iPhones with the use of screen protectors

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
I have an iPhone Xs, max, whatever the larger size is. I was replacing the screen protector because it had a crack in it. I have a glass screen protector.

While I am doing it, I am wondering if it is even necessary or even worthwhile to do.

I keep doing it, because I always have. That is never the best idea. I have used iPhones since they came out.

Travolta

Gawd
I use them, but only because I usually pass down my phones to family members, friends when I upgrade. This way, at least the screen is in excellent condition.

exlink

Supreme [H]ardness
It's worth it to me. The tempered glass screen protectors are only a few bucks, quick to apply, and are harder than the phone's glass screen so less susceptible to scratches. After they're on I completely forget its there. I tend to either pass down or sell my phones after I'm done with them, and I'm probably getting more for my phone with a perfect screen than what I spent on the screen protectors.

bizzmeister

[H]ard|Gawd
I’ve never used one before and I’ve had every single iPhone since the original. No need to for me but I’m careful with my stuff.

I do know people though that 100% need it because they are super careless

Nolan7689

[H]ard|Gawd
Haven’t used a screen protector on any iPhones. I just go with a case (usually, during quarantine I have had it off) so if I drop it it doesn’t land directly on glass. No issues no noticeable scratches or cracks.

No scratches is particularly of note, I’m an insulator, I work with fiberglass insulation a lot. It’s hard to be 100% clean and I do use my phone at work. The glass that is used in phones these days is extremely hard and resistant. To even see the minor scratches I have to look at the screen from an extreme angle with bright light.

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
Great advice. I have another screen protector that I already bought. I’ll use it (since the one I just did has bubbles).

After that. No more.

SFB

Weaksauce

Well worth the watch if you're in the market for a new screen protector. Shipping is bit slow from flolab (Japan to the US). My order should be here by the end of the week.

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
I've been using a lot of glass screen protectors from Ebay that are like buck fifty each. They come in set of 5. When you drop the phone, screen protector often cracks, but not the screen. I always wonder how that happens.

Either way, I like having it on because taco is in construction business and often his fingers are dirty. And scratchy, MEOOW!