iPhone: possible to block file attachments from downloading in Mail?

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Greetings,

Is it possible to have the iPhone download messages without attachments?

According to https://discussions.apple.com/message/12761218#12761218 it isn't, but I wanted to double check here on [H]

We use Exchange at work and I have an Iphone. I'm going to be abroad on holiday and I would like to know if it's possible to turn off the automatic download of attachments on email so that I don't end up with a large bill!! (I get lots of large attachments as part of my job).

I cannot find how to do this - can anyone help? Thanks.
There is no such option/setting on the iPhone. Whether you can view the attachment has more to do with your connection, WiFi or cellular, and the size of the attachment or the overall size of all attachments if more than one attachment is included. There will be a paperclip indicating the message includes an attachment regardless if downloaded with the message or not. When connected to the cellular network, if an attachment is below a designated size the attachment will be downloaded automatically. If over a certain size, you must select the attached file icon in the body of the message to download the attachment. I'm unaware of what the size of an attachment is that determines this automatically(varies by provider), but there is no setting available on the iPhone for this or to prevent an attachment from being downloaded at all.

they're not supposed to automatically download when using cellular data

if there's a problem either take it into apple store or jailbreak it and block attachments via cydia

Back