Iphone Bumper?

zod96

Suspected BAD TRADER
Does anyone know if the Iphone bumper lifts the iphone up a bit? Meaning when I lay it on a flat surface is it raised a bit so the back of the iphone is not touching the flat surface where it would get scratched....

I really want one but I have a hard time justifying paying $30 bucks for a little square piece of rubber...

Yeah..the big reason I got it was to raise the back up just a bit off a surface for when I sit it down.

Aw cool. Now I just need a good screen protector for the back and front

I swear by the Zagg Invisible Shield screen covers. Yes, they ARE expensive, but it's the cover that obscures the screen the least. When one of the main features of the phone is how great the screen is, you don't want one of those lousy protectors that makes it look hazy.
When you first put it on there will be air bubbles galore, but they go away after 3-4 days.

For a case, they're all sold out in my area, but I have a bumper on the way from Apple. I just need something to protect it a little. I've already managed to drop it once and don't want to risk it again. Sans case it's pretty slippery.

If you want to properly protect the phone, especially the glass back, then get a real case that offers complete coverage of most everything except the display, on which you can get an InvisibleSHIELD as noted (or some competing display covering product).

The bump case isn't meant to protect the phone as so many of us are coming to understand - it's to prevent skin-on-metal contact aka "the antenna issue" in severe degrees. A lot of people that purchased the bump case are still having signal degradation and service loss issues so it's not a 100% fix for that either, unfortunately.

But if you seriously care to protect the phone, the bump case from Apple is the last one you should be considering.

I really want one but I have a hard time justifying paying $30 bucks for a little square piece of rubber...
I felt one of these bumper cases at an Apple store. While it is indeed overpriced at $30, just FYI it is not the soft cheap rubber stuff; it is more like hard plastic (it feels like hard plastic with a slight rubbery grip). The bumper case does have metal buttons for the volume and power, that press down on the real buttons on your phone.

I felt one of these bumper cases at an Apple store. While it is indeed overpriced at $30, just FYI it is not the soft cheap rubber stuff; it is more like hard plastic (it feels like hard plastic with a slight rubbery grip). The bumper case does have metal buttons for the volume and power, that press down on the real buttons on your phone.

Right. It's $30, but it's not as bad as others. The metal buttons are nice as it feels like it's just part of the phone. It keeps the front and back from making contact with the surface that the phone is on so that's why I got it. I don't think they made these expecting antenna issues..I think they made them as a compromise between protection and the look/feel of the phone with glass on both sides.

Right. It's $30, but it's not as bad as others. The metal buttons are nice as it feels like it's just part of the phone. It keeps the front and back from making contact with the surface that the phone is on so that's why I got it. I don't think they made these expecting antenna issues..I think they made them as a compromise between protection and the look/feel of the phone with glass on both sides.

Yeah I think I am just going to get one. I like how they look and will offer me better protection then no case at all.

don't bother, apple will probably send them out for free not that their antenna problem has been documented. that, or complain until they give you one for free.

Back