iPhone 7's New Slogan Translates To 'This Is Penis'

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that don't think Apple knew about this, I would suggest the opposite. Maybe the company did this intentionally so that dude's in Hong Kong would opt for the iPhone 7 Plus because no one wants to buy a smaller version of "this is penis." Genius! :D

The Cantonese language uses subtly different tones to differentiate between words. The Cantonese pronunciation of 'seven' (七) uses a 'cat1' tone, according to the Chinese Character Database of Chinese University of Hong Kong. The number ‘seven’ is a common euphemism of a Cantonese profanity word referring to penis, which only differs slightly in the tone.

Let the jokes begin.
iu
iu
iu

iphone 7 looks promising. Why do some people complain about the Headphone Jack? like c'mon we live in the future now, all should be no cords (wireless/Bluetooth). If you don't like it than stay with the iphone 6 or get the adapter(I think the adapter is included already so..), as simple as that. This is like when PC decided to remove the disquette drive, or movie industry eliminating the VHS, there is always room for improvement and sometimes we have to get use to the new tech. ;)

iphone 7 looks promising. Why do some people complain about the Headphone Jack? like c'mon we live in the future now, all should be no cords (wireless/Bluetooth). If you don't like it than stay with the iphone 6 or get the adapter(I think the adapter is included already so..), as simple as that. This is like when PC decided to remove the disquette drive, or movie industry eliminating the VHS, there is always room for improvement and sometimes we have to get use to the new tech. ;)

There's nothing really new on any phone these days. Even this one.
Wireless headphones have been around for years and there's been little mainstream adoption because crApple hasn't deemed it necessary. Now suddenly it's a thing...

This is a joke, right? Ha! haha. ha.

Shoulda replaced it with a toslink port. or micro-hdmi. I use headphone jack on my phones to connect to car stereo because I hate bluetooth for audio. Adapter would be good enough though as a headphone port does take up a lot of real estate on the pcba and one more entry point for ESD or water is never a nice thing. I can see why they would want to get rid of it, I just feel they used bad reasons in the public view.

Shoulda replaced it with a toslink port. or micro-hdmi. I use headphone jack on my phones to connect to car stereo because I hate bluetooth for audio. Adapter would be good enough though as a headphone port does take up a lot of real estate on the pcba and one more entry point for ESD or water is never a nice thing. I can see why they would want to get rid of it, I just feel they used bad reasons in the public view.
Both toslink and micro-hdmi would have used a DSP anyways. Just go with one single digital port and all is well.

They knew what they were doing. The Penis is only an analog interface. Thus, there's only one port in the back. They had to remove the rest of them for it to work.

The iPhone 7 , with string less tampon headphones, a name that suggests it's a pens your putting up to your mouth, and only 1 hole to put it in any way you want, this thing is a garunteed success! . . . . . .

Oh, and there is no longer any wrong way to hold your iPhone penis. Don't forget that joke too..

Its the obvious evolution of the iphone. Makes games like these all the more immersive
super-piipii-brothers.jpg

I know this is practically troll bait, but why did apple stop there? Next year they can get rid of the charging port and force people to adopt to qi charging (or some proprietary apple wireless charging that they'll invent) for wireless charging. Who uses a data port anymore? You've got wifi right?

Also when the PC market moved and evolved to better tech, it didn't force anyone to do so. That's the key difference. Apple could have made the iphone 7 have both the stereo jack and one without and let the market decide which ones they like.

They can be "brave" about getting rid of features that people use right now with any sort of excuse. All that matters is if the market agrees with them or not.

Their 150$ bluetooth ear buds are a joke. They last for 5 hours before needing to be recharged. WTF were they thinking?

I really do hope they flop as hard as the iwatch.

I don't think I could have come up with a better slogan myself. You get nicely f***ed on price, and now, no headphone jack!

I prepared an entire paragraph to respond to this but I've decided just to say: we don't live in the future... in the future I expect phones to become more, not less useful.

Apple removed the headphone jack because Beats is wireless and they own them. Also they want to implement DRM to the nth degree where you have to pay every time you listen to a song.

Apple needs to be taken deep sea fishing on a one way trip.

Both toslink and micro-hdmi would have used a DSP anyways. Just go with one single digital port and all is well.

"All is well" in the sense that you now cannot listen to music and charge your phone at once...Or listen to music and do anything involving connecting your phone to another device.

YIPPEE FOR THE FUTURE where you can do LESS!

That kind of marketing could really work with guys who are curious about hard......iPhones.

Apple removed the headphone jack because Beats is wireless and they own them. Also they want to implement DRM to the nth degree where you have to pay every time you listen to a song.

Apple needs to be taken deep sea fishing on a one way trip.

Yeah, funny that: Apple's Beats is the NUMBER ONE wireless headphone company. So they have the most to gain compared to any company on earth, even before the stupid airpods become available next month.

The biggest winner from removing the headphone jack is Apple

They're betting that people won't like the inconvenience of the adapter, so they'll give in and buy a high-margin replacement. Because it takes courage to get idiots to spend more money on useless shit to counter artificially-created limitations. :rolleyes:

Oh wait, that's standard operating procedure at Apple, not something new and courageous.

Mind you, I agree that Bluetooth technology is ready for prime time, but it's way too early to just saw off the port and leave users stranded. And since this is Apple control freak central we're talking about, it's their way or the highway.

Last edited:
7=penis is slang, not a real translation.

This is no different than going to a fast food place and ordering a "large number 2"

Right, and the other flagship phones are how much?

Too much, especially for a device that is meant to be replaced biannually. Apple could sell these devices at $400-450 and still make significant profits, especially with the additional volume they would move at the lower price point.

Honestly, it's about damn time! The headphone jack is unnecessary on an iPhone. The majority of users that I know use Bluetooth earpieces or the speaker phone. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw someone talking on their iPhone using the earbuds with the microphone on the cable.

You still have the option of using an adapter if you really feel so inclined to have earbuds and anyone that actually gives a shit about sound quality when they are listening to music is using an external DAC/amplifier anyway...

"All is well" in the sense that you now cannot listen to music and charge your phone at once...Or listen to music and do anything involving connecting your phone to another device.

YIPPEE FOR THE FUTURE where you can do LESS!

I've had a USB-C only phone for ~6 months now. The first week it seemed like some unreasonable burden. After that, I've hardly noticed it at all. Previously I would use wired headphones and USB tether for ~3 hours per day. Now I just use Bluetooth headphones and WiFi tether. Problem solved. Even at 3 hours/day of that activity it has not been an issue for me.

For most consumers, this will hardly be an issue. It'll seem terrible at first, but will realistically make very little difference. For a smaller subset of consumers, it'll be a challenge, but for those few, there are ways around it, like a splitter.

7=penis is slang, not a real translation.

This is no different than going to a fast food place and ordering a "large number 2"
Great. Now I'm going to think of this every time i'm at a drive-thru. Can you imagine actually getting a large number 2? The fuck is this shit?!

Back