iPhone 7 release and 6s availability?

Valnar

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone know how long the major wireless companies (like Verizon) will continue to offer all the iPhone 6s options after the 7 is announced? I'm trying to remember from past iPhone releases, but it's not coming to me. I recall that after a new iPhone is released, they tend to offer only the neutered version of the previous model for a period of time (like the 16GB version of the iPhone 6).

What I want is to wait and see what the iPhone 7 will look like then decide whether to jump on it or a 64GB or 128GB iPhone 6s instead. Does anyone remember if there is a window of opportunity where all options are available at the same time from Verizon before they pull out the old one for purchasing?

Why would I want the 6s?... Well, the audio jack is very important to me and I want to see if the iPhone 7 rumors are correct. If they are, I'll want a high-end 6s to hold me for a while.

(I have a 64GB iPhone 6 now)

I just checked the Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, and ATT sites and they all offer one or more versions of the IPhone5. I think that should give you some idea if the 6S will be available after the 7 is released.

Hope this helps.

I could see the 6S being available for a couple years yet. So probably even when the iPhone 8 comes out you'll be able to get a 6S. I just read a story today that the 7 is gonna be a spec bump only, and removal of the headset jack. So just a refresh. The iPhone 8 is supposed to be a really big complete overhaul.

I just read a story today that the 7 is gonna be a spec bump only, and removal of the headset jack. So just a refresh. The iPhone 8 is supposed to be a really big complete overhaul.
Man, if that's true, there are gonna be a ton of disappointed iPhone-aholics. Where did you see that report? I switched from my 6 Plus to S7 Edge because I was curious about the latest, greatest from the Android world. While I like what Android has to offer, I probably would have come back to the iPhone IF the 7 were a big design change from the 6 Plus/6S Plus. If all we're getting in the 7 is a spec boost, then forget it. I'd much rather go with the HTC 10 or Note 6.

Man, if that's true, there are gonna be a ton of disappointed iPhone-aholics. Where did you see that report? I switched from my 6 Plus to S7 Edge because I was curious about the latest, greatest from the Android world. While I like what Android has to offer, I probably would have come back to the iPhone IF the 7 were a big design change from the 6 Plus/6S Plus. If all we're getting in the 7 is a spec boost, then forget it. I'd much rather go with the HTC 10 or Note 6.

Analyst Predicts 2017 iPhone 8 'Mega Cycle' With OLED, Wireless Charging, and No Home Button

I don't know how you guys can change ecosystems so easily. I'd have to buy everything all over again. There aren't really THAT many useful free applications.

I don't know how you guys can change ecosystems so easily. I'd have to buy everything all over again. There aren't really THAT many useful free applications.
I was with the iPhone from the 3GS to 6 Plus. I also was a jailbreaker, though Apple pretty effectively stopped that after 9.0.1. I've been pleasantly surprised at the ease with which you can move from one system to the other. I don't mind paying a couple of bucks for apps I find useful.

I swapped ecosystems, and it wasn't too bad. t was a long time Android fanboy. Big into modding and ROMs. But I just grew sick of all the work I was putting it just to get all the crap off the phones and get it the way I wanted it. Went back to Apple when the iPhone 6 came out. Will probably never go back. Shit just works. A lot of apps are just better on IOS. My wife and I both have 6S Pluses. I use my Macbook Pro for 90% of my competing. Handoff and being able to text and call from my Macbook is fucking sweet. I tried some Android tablets and they were shitty for the most part. So now my two boys rock iPad Mini's. So after trying both ecosystems, I chose Apple and it was the right for my family.

I just swapped to T-Mobile and got Jump On Demand on my plan, which means I can upgrade my phone for free up to 3 times a year. So I'll always have the latest iPhone. Really looking forward to the iPhone 8.

I like iMessage and missed it until finding MightyText. With it, I can text and call from my PC, tablet, phone. So far, I've found a way to do everything with Android that I could do with iOS. Not saying it's better. More like it's caught up. IMO, both are excellent phone OSes.

I just swapped to T-Mobile and got Jump On Demand on my plan, which means I can upgrade my phone for free up to 3 times a year. So I'll always have the latest iPhone. Really looking forward to the iPhone 8.

Does that involve a $15-30/month fee, and as well as a lump sum payout at the end of the plan term? Interesting program but I wouldn't use the term "for free" in the usual context.

Does that involve a $15-30/month fee, and as well as a lump sum payout at the end of the plan term? Interesting program but I wouldn't use the term "for free" in the usual context.
My brother has T-Mobile with the Jump plan and it's a monthly fee and you have to pay half of the phone off before jumping.
He has the 6S Plus 64GB so he has to pay $475 of the phone before upgrading.

Oh, this looks like a new Jump plan.
Upgrade Your Phone Whenever You Like w/ JUMP! On Demand | T-Mobile

It looks like you are leasing the phone with Jump on Demand, so you still have to pay off the balance if you want to keep it. It shows $558 for the 6 Plus as an example ($31/mo for 18 months).
but it looks like no monthly cost other than the lease payment on the phone.

Last edited:
Man, that pay half first Jump plan would suck!. I'm with Jump on demand and it's great.

Unless you keep phones for years and don't care about having newer models, then you will either have a lease payment or have pay cash for your phone each year. 2 year contracts are dying or dead. Jump On Demand is the same lease payment that you have with other carriers, but with the option to upgrade phones 3 times a year if you want, at no additional cost. You just start new lease payments on the new phone. It's a good plan for people who like the latest and greatest, which I do.

I read the other day that they will be or already have discontinued the plan. So if you didn't get the plan already, it may be too late.

Back