iPhone 7 May Keep Headphone Jack And Support Dual Sims

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Is the 3.5mm jack going away or not? Now there’s a leak that would suggest it’s here to stay…for now.

Rock Fix, a smartphone repair shop based in China's Ganzhou, has recently been posting photos of alleged iPhone 7 components. One of these is apparently the 4.7-inch model's Lightning cable assembly which, contrary to what we've been hearing before, still has a headphone jack attached to it. And more recently, the shop shared photos of what it claims to be the next iPhone's dual-SIM trays, which will be a first for Apple if true.

Dual Sim and Dual Camera. Magical. Innovative. Nobody's ever done that before!

No, but the dual SIM is welcome, especially if it will support concurrent active connections. I would love to combine my work phone (iPhone 6) and personal (Note5) to a single device. Ive always prefered Android, but I'll settle for a quality device that can handle both SIMs

No headphone jack = no buy for me. I don't want to have to keep track of a stupid adapter to use some headphones...

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I'm surprised we still use sim cards honestly. Mobile cloud credentials and all that, you'd think they'd want to save the component space.

I really hope that they keep the headphone jack.
I've been on Android for quite some time now, and I've constantly had battery rundown issues, no matter how much I try to tell the thing that I don't want it to do *anything* except receive calls when the screen is off (and then I wake up to see the battery meter at a 45 degree angle)

Here's hoping that Apple is better.

Spoken like a true sheeple
As someone who owns an iPhone 6 and has a work phone droid turbo...

HA!

Android sucks shit

That said, I hope the new iPhone has a headphone jack

No headphone jack is a deal breaker. Hate bluetooth. Don't want a battery in my ear, don't want to charge it, and the sound stinks.

Dual SIMs and still no SD card support. Sounds typically Apple.

Most flagship phones are moving to sim free. A big part of it is the move to BYOD for business. Lots of businesses won't provision phones on their systems if they have SD cards as at this point and time it makes it impossible to keep company data from leaving the phone in an unauthorized manner and makes all of your MDM useless.

One thing that was also talked about was adding high speed pins on the side - which would allow 3rd parties to make better docks, power covers, and another charging option.
I heard the latest leak states no headphone jack now and an extra speaker in its place. Looks very similar to the old iphone 6s design. Personally not really fussed about the headphone jack as i use a pair of Awei A920BL wireless earphones anyway. Dont see the point of keeping that 3.5mm jack. One annoyance is battery life, but more adoption with further innovation and RND no doubt

One thing that was also talked about was adding high speed pins on the side - which would allow 3rd parties to make better docks, power covers, and another charging option.
I heard the latest leak states no headphone jack now and an extra speaker in its place. Looks very similar to the old iphone 6s design. Personally not really fussed about the headphone jack as i use a pair of Awei A920BL wireless earphones anyway. Dont see the point of keeping that 3.5mm jack. One annoyance is battery life, but more adoption with further innovation and RND no doubt
Same don't care if it stays or goes personally.

My whole family has Iphones Two are 5's and two are 6's & every time we get into the car we plug it in to the stereo system. So no headphone jack, no upgrade for us.

Back