iPhone 6S Plus Vs. Galaxy Note 5 Speed Test

I don't find this to be a legitimate comparison because you are comparing Apples to Oranges.

agree. But it's an idiot test that will get people to buy the iphone.

I just saw an article that apple sold 13 million iphone 6s's the first weekend.

Samsung wishes they sold that many

agree. But it's an idiot test that will get people to buy the iphone.

I just saw an article that apple sold 13 million iphone 6s's the first weekend.

Samsung wishes they sold that many

So iPhone users are idiots because they may care if apps relaunch faster?

what are you implying?

which will come out ahead?

I don't think it was rhetorical. We all know that OS's can slow down over time. Does time make Android the winner?

I can honestly say, I don't know. As a rule, I don't think iOS gets slower with use, but the change happens over so much time, I may not notice it. I know that a friend had issues with an HTC phone over time, but I kinda felt like it was his unwillingness to delete ANYTHING from the phone.

you're a special case.

WTF are you doing with 50 tabs open anyway?

50 different hardforum threads waiting to be read?

Some of those are active Hardforum threads, yes. Others are currently researched topic, news...

Last time I've checked, iPhones choked with single digit tabs. Don't know how much they've improved with latest models, though.

That was also on an old Galaxy S2 equivalent with 1 GB RAM, 24/7, 7 days a week. No iPhone could've come close to that sort of use. Can the 6 handle that sort of multitasking and/or browsing?

Ah, the age-old fandroid argument that iPhone hardware is inferior due to lower clock speeds/less cores. Magically, iPhones somehow manage to keep up in benchmarks with this "superior" hardware, therefore the benchmarks should be thrown in the trash.

For fandroid to be logically consistent, gamers would be buying AMD FX chips in droves because full 8 cores (none of that silly fake Hyperthreading crap) and 5.0GHz clocks out of the box! ZOMG TEH SPEEDS! Sorry kids, you forgot about IPC.

Even if the iPhone hardware may have lesser specs, the software optimization seems to more than make up for it. Overall I have to say the iPhone gives a much more pleasant experience than android.

Even if the iPhone hardware may have lesser specs, the software optimization seems to more than make up for it. Overall I have to say the iPhone gives a much more pleasant experience than android.

But this is [H]ard|Forums, everyone has time to root and rom their phones and writes their own profiles for power and clocks. We customize everything here so even if an android manufacturer releases a broken POS we all can write the drivers, test and fix it ourselves if xda decides not to do it for us right? Apple is such a shill for not allowing us to do that right? :p

In all seriousness I have had a combination of Android and iOS (work and personal phones) in the last 3 years and I have had nothing but the highest end phones for both. Software wise theres really nothing I need to do that I can't do in both, both are quick and fast enough except when you get a Samsung Galaxy anything. Personally I just prefer iOS because ease of use and integration for my personal phone. I just grew out of wanting to root and rom and screw around. It just got agitating and time consuming.

Except that the Android experience isn't monolithic. If speed is what you are going after then then stock Android is what you want. If you want tons of functionality then something like the Note 5 is more appropriate.

People who buy a Note aren't going for the phone with a 1 sec difference in animation (16 after the whole 1- 2 minute test is done). The Note is all about multitasking (not just about the number of apps you can open), and quite a bit in terms of new functionality that really doesn't exist anywhere else. This is aside from the fact that this test is pretty ridiculous because the Note 5 has twice the resolution and the test doesn't actually test the same workload. It might look like it is, but it's not. It's really a video made for fanboyism use, but not much in terms of it being scientific.

Interesting test, not exactly a control type test but i could see some visible slow down on the note. However, my old Palm pre+ could have 20 or more cards/apps open with ease. Switching cards was fast and seamless with really shitty hardware by todays standards, hell even when they came out there were many phones with better hardware, I really miss webOS... FU!! H.P :mad:

Uh... What?

Do you even code for mobile? Or at least even understand what you are saying?

He is a troll, don't bother responding. I work in iOS and Android development and I know some others on here do as well. Very little actual development information gets posted on this forum due to the trolls and ignorant responses.

Your spaghetti code doesn't count.

And then, someone who knows what they're talking about comes to prove you wrong and you plug your ears and go "NUH UH NUH UH NUH UH"

But this is [H]ard|Forums, everyone has time to root and rom their phones and writes their own profiles for power and clocks. We customize everything here so even if an android manufacturer releases a broken POS we all can write the drivers, test and fix it ourselves if xda decides not to do it for us right? Apple is such a shill for not allowing us to do that right? :p

In all seriousness I have had a combination of Android and iOS (work and personal phones) in the last 3 years and I have had nothing but the highest end phones for both. Software wise theres really nothing I need to do that I can't do in both, both are quick and fast enough except when you get a Samsung Galaxy anything. Personally I just prefer iOS because ease of use and integration for my personal phone. I just grew out of wanting to root and rom and screw around. It just got agitating and time consuming.

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat I guess... As much as I'd like to, I just don't have time enough to "tinker" with my phones like I used to.

On top of it, to my own surprise I've started working with Swift which I never even considered, nevermind thought I'd ever do, but I guess you never know...

Careful... this might be contagious! :eek:

Yet here in a practical use test and not a benchmark where samsung and apple can enable super speed apple wins. In practice my iPhone 6 has been great and now I am so tempted to get the 6S because of the ram. I dont have too many apps having to reload but it seems the ram increase on the 6S might make this issue history. This video also shows exactly the reason why the Note 3 was my last phone from Samsung, they reduced bloat and increased ram yet still have problems with memory.

Or more practically, you can look at loop one of this test, determine that the difference in performance between both platforms probably doesn't even add up to two minutes a full days worth of usage, is effectively identical when you consider that in that full day you probably click the wrong thing a couple times, and thus they are essentially identical performance wise.

I'm stuck with both android and ios between personal and work phone, and they are both completely serviceable platforms with very little meaningful differences. People getting all fanboy over them have something wrong with their heads.

Apple reached almost entirely not broken as a milestone first. Android is there right along with it now, and the most significant differentiator is that the play store has always had more shovelware in it, so they started from a worse spot in the seeming race to shit all over the walled garden as much as possible as fast as possible.

What I wouldnt give for a Apple A9 SOC in a android phone. Even the Snapdragon 820 which isnt launching till next year looks ~15% slower single threaded right now :(

Back