iPhone 6 Reportedly Launching 'As Early As September'

Unfortunately with App Store lock-in a user is unable to change platforms easily so once you are Apple or Android you are kind of locked in

Incorrect sir, I had the iphone 4S since launch and switched to a LG F6 Optimus and a new provider. Yes I dont get my apps but I still have a ipad mini and apple tv so I still get to enjoy my movie purchases. I just wish apple would put Amazon on there Apple TV so I could choose between which store to buy from.

Incorrect sir, I had the iphone 4S since launch and switched to a LG F6 Optimus and a new provider. Yes I dont get my apps but I still have a ipad mini and apple tv so I still get to enjoy my movie purchases. I just wish apple would put Amazon on there Apple TV so I could choose between which store to buy from.

I didn't say it was impossible, just not easy ... I think many would claim that needing to maintain a separate tablet form factor (or lose their apps completely) is not an easy solution ... Apple users usually purchase apps at a higher rate and there are more paid apps on the Apple side so App Lock-in is a bigger factor for Apple users than for Android users ... since there are few useful apps on MS or BB, it is not as significant a factor for those phones

Never mind that Apple A7 beats Snapdragon 800 in most benchmarks, never mind that respected sites like Anandtech with staff who have actual computer engineering degrees supports the idea of two more powerful cores over moar coars, never mind the fact that you're making a completely non sequitur analogy...

The incredible amounts of blind Apple hate here is why I stopped browsing this forum so much. You guys are much worse than any Apple fanboys I've witnessed.

This shit right here. The Appler "hipsters" or whatever the fuck this forum has created in their imagination DO NOT EXSIST in the real world. Absolutly no one in my life talks about what phone, tablet, or computer they own. NO ONE CARES.

Apple creates a stable and nice ecosystem to call, text, email, and social media. So does Samsung. Whatever else you guys are doing on your phone that is running the battery down is probably something you are making up or something that no one else would do who is living a normal life.

I get all day on my iphone 5, even a heavy video/music day and I still get home with 10-20% left on the phone.

You can't spell Apple butt[H]urt without [H]ard.

This shit right here. The Appler "hipsters" or whatever the fuck this forum has created in their imagination DO NOT EXSIST in the real world. Absolutly no one in my life talks about what phone, tablet, or computer they own. NO ONE CARES.

Apple creates a stable and nice ecosystem to call, text, email, and social media. So does Samsung. Whatever else you guys are doing on your phone that is running the battery down is probably something you are making up or something that no one else would do who is living a normal life.

I get all day on my iphone 5, even a heavy video/music day and I still get home with 10-20% left on the phone.

This x1000

I have a IP5 because its easy to use and i am use to the OS. I have no need or want to switch to android. I do thought think Apple sucks pc hardware wise,and there are still some mactards around. Its a fucking cellphone,who gives a shit what kind it is as long as the end user enjoys it. I wish we could go back 15 years when just having a cell phone was cool enough.

Yes they do exist... I have to deal with about half a dozen here at work.

You may have some valid points, however, LYING in your opening statement doesn't do anything for your reputation. (unless you are Bill Clinton that is! :p)

Yes they do exist... I have to deal with about half a dozen here at work.

You may have some valid points, however, LYING in your opening statement doesn't do anything for your reputation. (unless you are Bill Clinton that is! :p)

No, they don't. I would wager it is YOU that goes over to them and starts talking about their phone choice. How bad apple is and how dumb they are for choosing apple.

Then in your imaginary world you think that you have to "deal with" "Apple Hispters" at work. When in reality they do not give two shits.

No, they don't. I would wager it is YOU that goes over to them and starts talking about their phone choice. How bad apple is and how dumb they are for choosing apple.

Then in your imaginary world you think that you have to "deal with" "Apple Hispters" at work. When in reality they do not give two shits.

So wait, the crazy lines for a new iPhone rehash with very little actual change, don't exist? I can even walk past the Apple store in San Francisco on a given day, not even a release one, and see a line of people waiting to go in.

So wait, the crazy lines for a new iPhone rehash with very little actual change, don't exist? I can even walk past the Apple store in San Francisco on a given day, not even a release one, and see a line of people waiting to go in.

That is not what we are talking about. Do those people yell and scream at you, or are they minding their own business while you mind yours.

You would think by the comments here that "Apple Fanboys" come and assault you if you pull out your Android phone.

That is not what we are talking about. Do those people yell and scream at you, or are they minding their own business while you mind yours.

You would think by the comments here that "Apple Fanboys" come and assault you if you pull out your Android phone.

I'm anything but an Apple fan, but this has also been my experience as well. Anecdotally, the only "cell phone fights" I see nowadays are picked by Microsoft and Google fans trying to evangelize. The most obnoxious guy I know when it comes to this never passes up a chance to talk about how much better his Galaxy S4 is compared to the iPhone.

It's almost turned into some sort of personal vindication for some people...

And why would I do that?? I am running an iPhone. I also have an iPad, iPod touch, Dell laptop and a Nexus 7.

It's not an imaginary world. You just lied and are upset I called you out. :)

One more fact to silence the ignorance and FUD about retina blah blah blah. Note 3 display was already superior and S5 puts it even further ahead of that relic retina.

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S5_ShootOut_1.htm

Best Smartphone Display: Based on our extensive Lab tests and measurements, the Galaxy S5 is the Best performing Smartphone display that we have ever tested. It has a long list of new records for best Smartphone display performance including: Highest Brightness, Lowest Reflectance, Highest Color Accuracy, Infinite Contrast Ratio, Highest Contrast Rating in Ambient Light, and smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle. The Galaxy S5 has raised the bar for top display performance up by another notch – an impressive achievement for OLED technology!

Most Accurate Colors: The Galaxy S5 Cinema Mode has the most accurate colors for any Smartphone or Tablet display that we have ever measured. This is especially important when viewing photos from family and friends (because you often know exactly what they actually should look like), for some TV shows, movies, and sporting events with image content and colors that you are familiar with, and also for viewing online merchandise, so you have a good idea of exactly what colors you’re buying and are less likely to return them.

This shit right here. The Appler "hipsters" or whatever the fuck this forum has created in their imagination DO NOT EXSIST in the real world.

Here's some sample tweets about what iOS users were saying when Instagram became available for Android.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/iphone-users-disgusted-by-android-instagram

"I feel gross knowing people with an android phone can follow me on instagram..."

"ew android users can have instagram, I don't feel special anymore"

"Instagram on android is mad dirty it used to be special now it's just gross"

So... You were saying?

Tim Cook is an idiot for blasting OLED tech.

Have to admit he's a brilliant salesman. He's brainwashing the ignorant into believing retina is magical when in reality Apple cut corners selecting the tiniest build material, lowest resolution, oldest technology that doesn't even display pure black, etc. to maximize their profit margin. And, it's effective because iOwners are often seen apologizing that Apple has the highest profit margin. That's like bragging about paying premium for a low end lemon at a car lot.

Here's some sample tweets about what iOS users were saying when Instagram became available for Android.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/iphone-users-disgusted-by-android-instagram

"I feel gross knowing people with an android phone can follow me on instagram..."

So... You were saying?

I believe I said real world. You can find notations from butthurt chronicles about anything on the googletron.

That is about as real world as [H] is.

I believe I said real world. You can find notations from butthurt chronicles about anything on the googletron.

That is about as real world as [H] is.

bXfNOlI.jpg

So... You were saying?

If you are going to hold the hundreds of millions of iPhone owners accountable for the statements of a few people on the internet does that mean that gamers and PC owners are all accountable for the crazies that are posting death threats over the Oculus purchase by FB ... there are certainly a few die hard zealots in Apple land (just as there are in Android, PC, Console, and Linux land) but you can't measure the whole community by their crazy few zealots (thank goodness :) )

If you are going to hold the hundreds of millions of iPhone owners accountable for the statements of a few people on the internet does that mean that gamers and PC owners are all accountable for the crazies that are posting death threats over the Oculus purchase by FB ... there are certainly a few die hard zealots in Apple land (just as there are in Android, PC, Console, and Linux land) but you can't measure the whole community by their crazy few zealots (thank goodness :) )

Most iOS users may not call people "gross" IRL... but in my experience they can still be quite crazy! :)

Most iOS users may not call people "gross" IRL... but in my experience they can still be quite crazy! :)

Perhaps it is the smart phone users in general who are crazy though ... I haven't noticed that any of the smart phone crowd are Paragons of Sanity (in any of the camps) ... perhaps they should be renamed as "Crazyphones" :D

Perhaps it is the smart phone users in general who are crazy though ... I haven't noticed that any of the smart phone crowd are Paragons of Sanity (in any of the camps) ... perhaps they should be renamed as "Crazyphones" :D

Online... yes! Android users tend to be nutcases... IRL though? Most people that use Android don't even know they do. You have the odd one or two that are nutso... but the rest?? They will tell you they have a Samsung or HTC or LG, etc... I'll ask them if they like it, and I either get a yes or no. I don't hear ANYTHING about Android in the conversation. It's like they don't even realize that operating system it runs.

The Apple crazies however? Go on and on about integration, no crashes, no bugs, it "just works", and so on....

Online... yes! Android users tend to be nutcases... IRL though? Most people that use Android don't even know they do. You have the odd one or two that are nutso... but the rest?? They will tell you they have a Samsung or HTC or LG, etc... I'll ask them if they like it, and I either get a yes or no. I don't hear ANYTHING about Android in the conversation. It's like they don't even realize that operating system it runs.

The Apple crazies however? Go on and on about integration, no crashes, no bugs, it "just works", and so on....

To be fair, most people who use iPhones are not Apple crazies, exactly paralleling how you said most Android users are not like these people.

I know exactly what they're for, but there are people whose actual views approach those extremes in terms of Android evangelism. As much as you're saying they're uncommon/rare, my point is that most Apple users aren't "Apple Crazies" either, just like most Android users aren't removable battery/widget/stock Android/AMOLED/etc. crazies either.

Ever since the invention of the cellphone people have always wanted them to be bigger, the technology just wasn't there yet.

Sarcasm I assume ... otherwise, there is is always this model ... comes with its own backpack carrying case :p

91792d1384434838t-stop-giant-phones-big-cell-phone.jpg

Whoopie doo... If you've ever turned off or changed power saving on a desktop or laptop to run a game or benchmark then you're doing the same thing. It's still running within spec.

no, it's clearly not the same thing.

no, it's clearly not the same thing.

Your nose just got longer.

It's a common suggestion in BF4 and benchmarking to set the power plan in Windows to High Performance to effectively disable power saving to prevent the CPU from throttling down.

Your nose just got longer.
read the link. the described phenomenon is that the phone is boosting clock rates in the presence of benchmarking applications, thereby producing deceptive results:
Benchmarks exist to measure the performance of a phone during normal usage, and a device should never treat a benchmark app differently than a normal app.
It's a common suggestion in BF4 and benchmarking to set the power plan in Windows to High Performance to effectively disable power saving to prevent the CPU from throttling down.
this has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

Back