iPhone 6 Reportedly Launching 'As Early As September'

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We haven’t heard much in the way of rumors lately, so let’s check out the iPhone 6. The Japanese newspaper Nikkei, has reported that you will be able to pick up the new iPhone 6 in two new larger sizes possibly as early as September.

Mass production of LCD panels will start as early as the April-June quarter at Sharp's Kameyama factory, Japan Display's Mobara plant, and at other facilities, according to sources.

Anything close to the size of my Note II or larger, I will consider it. Or I'll just stick with what I have until the Note 5 is released.

So, what the difference between the 5 and 6 besides the screen size and version number?

Don't think they'll go to 5.5" displays . at these time i think max size would be 5,0-5,2 if not the same size (4,7)

Unless there is a MAJOR iOS overhaul, no thanks! I went from the LG G2 to an iPhone 5s - what a mistake! Currently loving my Note 3 though!

I don't use iphones, but I have a 5th gen ipod touch that I got for free, and I have to say; single-handed operation of it is terribly uncomfortable. It's too narrow v. its length. I have no idea why Apple decided that the extra icon row size increase was a good idea. If they do, in fact, move to a larger screen for the next phone, they really ought to reconsider the aspect ratio, in my opinion. I think Apple has lost their edge in the smartphone market. I'm not saying that people won't continue to buy iphones, I just don't see anything innovative in what they've done for the last 2 version releases.

I'm actually very disappointed in this. Now I'll have to see obnoxious teens and posers with their giant screens lighted up everywhere.

I'll probably pick up the larger screen model but it's interesting to know that Apple is basically dictating that 6" (the median between 5.5" on iPhone and 7" on iPad Mini) is now the defacto line that separates a phone from a tablet.

It's going to sell poorly like the 5C because Jobs already brain washed the cult with "no one is going to buy a big phone". To go against his preaching will destroy all the magic. And, without the magic you're better off with the Note 3.

Furthermore, the new gen of iphones will by default require and external case to operate. This case must have a special RFID chip inside which authorizes it. Each code may only be used once. Each person thus making third party items for iPhone's must be apple $20 for each RFID chip. Also...the new iPhone will require an upgrade cable that is even more proprietary costing $60 each.

It's going to sell poorly like the 5C because Jobs already brain washed the cult with "no one is going to buy a big phone". To go against his preaching will destroy all the magic.

On the contrary: we've always been at war with Eastasia!

Apple can do no wrong.

Just the fact that it's still linked to iTunes on pc make me want to puke, their is no reason in 2014 for a mobile phone to be tied to a pc software like this.. Imho

Looks like Samsung is now leading and iPhone is following. It was greedy of them to stick with the low-res iPhone 5 when everything else is HD.

I was given an iPad Mini. Incredibly worthless. Just to make it as usable as an Android phone is by default, I had to jailbreak the damn thing.

Using iOS is an experience in being told that you can't do what you want.

This is of course not related to the fact that the 5S was the most powerful phone at release time in terms of processing power. Right?

Only in some useless synthetic benchmarks and because of the less than 720p resolution while the competition is 1080p.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_3-review-996p6.php

Browser centric benchmarks don't matter since safari crashes so often like Windows NT.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5532206?start=1680&tstart=0

Looks like Samsung is now leading and iPhone is following. It was greedy of them to stick with the low-res iPhone 5 when everything else is HD.

Apple's greed is only matched by its ability to sell previous generation tech to the mass marketplace.

Yay, more apple hatred as per usual.

I don't like tinkering with my phones all the damn time, I just want it to work. The 5s does this for me flawlessly, and I'd gladly take a bigger one.

This is of course not related to the fact that the 5S was the most powerful phone at release time in terms of processing power. Right?

Because that is what everyone spends their time doing on their phone....running BOINC and F@H.

Only in some useless synthetic benchmarks and because of the less than 720p resolution while the competition is 1080p.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_3-review-996p6.php

Browser centric benchmarks don't matter since safari crashes so often like Windows NT.

Lol, you do know most of the ones you posted are "useless synthetic benchmarks" right?

Also, how many times are you going to post that thread? I have never had Safari crash on any of my iPad's or iPhones.

I surf all kinds of websites on my phone and I get a "crash" (app closes) maybe once every 2-3 weeks. Hardly an issue in my mind since it opens right back up. Also Windows NT, from what I remember on 4.0, was known for being more robust then consumer Windows (95 & 98). The only reason I didn't stick with it was lack of plug and play. Maybe ME is what you were trying to say???

Because that is what everyone spends their time doing on their phone....running BOINC and F@H.

No, I totally agree with you. Which is why I am glad Apple has not used a quad core, nor do they use a high operating frequency. I simply do not need that power on my phone. On a tablet sure, but I'll take the battery time over CPU on a phone.

I surf all kinds of websites on my phone and I get a "crash" (app closes) maybe once every 2-3 weeks.

You didn't read back a few pages where they point out specific sites, at least half a dozen, that crash safari. Nothing wrong with having low expectations though.

No, I totally agree with you. Which is why I am glad Apple has not used a quad core, nor do they use a high operating frequency. I simply do not need that power on my phone. On a tablet sure, but I'll take the battery time over CPU on a phone.

Why have 4 or 6 cylinders in a car when you can settle for the performance of a 2 cylinder golf cart, right? Plus iPhone 5S battery life is already low to mediocre so anything more than 2-core will kill its battery fast.

http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

You didn't read back a few pages where they point out specific sites, at least half a dozen, that crash safari. Nothing wrong with having low expectations though.

Why have 4 or 6 cylinders in a car when you can settle for the performance of a 2 cylinder golf cart, right? Plus iPhone 5S battery life is already low to mediocre so anything more than 2-core will kill its battery fast.

Comparing processor specs or number of cores between iOS and other phones is futile. Apple can make a more integrated light weight system, and hence can get the same performance out if a smaller engine. Other factors and comparisons aside it would be like saying an Ariel Atom is slow just because it has (or rather had) a small 4 cylinder engine.

Never mind that Apple A7 beats Snapdragon 800 in most benchmarks, never mind that respected sites like Anandtech with staff who have actual computer engineering degrees supports the idea of two more powerful cores over moar coars, never mind the fact that you're making a completely non sequitur analogy...

The incredible amounts of blind Apple hate here is why I stopped browsing this forum so much. You guys are much worse than any Apple fanboys I've witnessed.

I simply do not need that power on my phone. On a tablet sure, but I'll take the battery time over CPU on a phone.

Your in luck because you don't have it. :p

Guess it is user dependent but the 5/5s battery life was horrible IMO. I was hitting the charger daily around 2-3pm. The G2 I owned was 12+ hours easily and my Note 3 is even better yet.

Unfortunately with App Store lock-in a user is unable to change platforms easily so once you are Apple or Android you are kind of locked in (the other competitors like Microsoft don't really matter for mobile phones) ... Once you are locked into your platform then Apple is the only provider on theirs and no one in their right mind is going to support a vendor other than Samsung on the other platform (every Android vendor except Samsung is losing money or breaking even so they make very bad platforms to support ... Samsung is the only Android vendor showing a profit, so they are the only one you can guarantee will be there for the long run) ... although Apple may not be leading on the tech front anymore, as long as they continue to provide a viable platform with reasonable upgrades they will still provide some benefit to their users

So, what the difference between the 5 and 6 besides the screen size and version number?

Given apple's secrecy, I'm doubting we'll know until closer to release. Heck, we haven't even hit heavy speculation yet, much less actual leaks.

Just the fact that it's still linked to iTunes on pc make me want to puke, their is no reason in 2014 for a mobile phone to be tied to a pc software like this.. Imho

DO you even need it to activate the phone anymore? The only thing I use it for is loading DRM free ebooks into my reading apps of choice, and it's not the only option for that, it's just simpler for my preferred reader.

Their cloud system is pretty robust now ... except for migrating your music to the cloud (if you sign up for that feature) there is really little need to access iTunes on the pc anymore (which is good because I agree, that is buggy as hell) ... I haven't accessed iTunes on the pc side for more than a year (including activations using the cloud)

I dont give a shit about apps, or octa core cpus for my phones. because its just that,a phone.my iphone5 works fine fore me. i can call and text people and even browse the web. Why you would need a phone to do more is something ill never understand. Oh on maps,i use those alot.

Back