iPhone 5S Motion Sensors Are Totally Screwed Up

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you thought you were the only one with a screwed up iPhone 5S, don't worry, you are not alone. Nobody knows what is wrong yet, but at least this prevents you from returning your phone over and over thinking you'll get one that isn't broke.

The problem seems to be incredibly widespread, but it also affects different phones in different ways. If it were consistent across the board—for example if the compass was 2-degrees off for everyone—then it would be easier to pin the blame on iOS 7. The solution to the current sensor woes, then, could be as simple as a firmware fix to make the calibration more accurate.

Does the nav on these things still guide you off a cliff? If so this could make for a fantastic combination.

Does the nav on these things still guide you off a cliff? If so this could make for a fantastic combination.

Yes. And it STILL takes you to residential houses as businesses. Infuriating.

One time, just to test the accuracy of the maps, and recommending corrections on ios maps, i corrected about 100 local businesses to the exact location of their main front door entrances.

Apple didnt accept a single correction, and most of the places where just random areas upwards of a quarter of a mile away from the business, all based on single yelp reviews where the whatever phone's gps system just wasnt precise enough to be trusted or even useful

So yeah, apple maps is still shit, and the recommend correction is fucking useless, and they offer no way for meaningful or crowd sourced feedback, which has furthered apple maps' shittyness.

Upon seeing this thread, my 5S has this issue...damn. Time to head back to Sprint and/or Apple to get something fixed.

The issue doesn't affect me at the moment, but it would be nice if they fix it.

Back