iPhone 5 is officially the worlds most powerful phone

Why do people keep bringing up battery life being so amazing?

Its a taller phone than previous gen iphone.....means more space for a battery......this grants you better battery life. It's not like apple sais "hay guiz since we have dezz battreiessss dat r so big lets use dem"........

Once again, my argument is this;

The droid razar maxx is still better and has been out forever (in cell phone time).
Still no NFC support in which can be used for various reasons.
It has a logic board of sorts to "make things faster" yet it still isn't the fastest, or the best phone.
Still has the same looks, minus matte finish marks on it.

I love how all the rumors stir up, people speculate, and do all this praying. And its still the same thing, just a little faster than previous gen iphone, but never really the best, or fastest.

It's as if Apple is worried that they may add something (like NFC) and it never catch on, and they look like dummies for producing it in their phones.

I will break my contract with Tmobile to get the Nokia Lumia 920, thanks.

I respect all the flagship phones, but the Nokia is wonderful in every way. I do not care about their fake comerial shen's. I have an HTC Radar running WP7.5 mango. If I could get WP8 to run on this phone I would keep it.

I respect the iphone for at least being on par with the other flagships,......but Apple has become a trendy monster and will continue to make money regardless of how much bashing it recieves. People want a product that "just works" and they want to impress their friends and family members.

What can you do?

No troll, just honesty. No real reason to pick an iphone over "any" other flagship phone.....one does not do anything better than the other......your eyes cannot see .0034 ms of flash of light that it takes for web browser to show up.....or any other app for that matter.

But, you guys will never understand. Keep the banter going.

Your initail speculation invalidates the rest of your post.

The 5 battery is 1440mAH. The 4S is 1430mAH. So battery is damn near identical. Maxx is 3300mAH. Now thats inefficent.

Also, the iphone 5 is the fastest. Not just as fast. The fastest. Phone on the market.

Enjoy that Windows Phone with 10 real apps.

The 5 battery is 1440mAH. The 4S is 1430mAH. So battery is damn near identical. Maxx is 3300mAH. Now thats inefficent.

Also, the iphone 5 is the fastest. Not just as fast. The fastest. Phone on the market.

I'm enjoying my mapping, if I want apps I'll bust out a tablet/laptop rather than a tiny screen. :D

Why do people keep bringing up battery life being so amazing?

Its a taller phone than previous gen iphone.....means more space for a battery......this grants you better battery life. It's not like apple sais "hay guiz since we have dezz battreiessss dat r so big lets use dem"........

Once again, my argument is this;

The droid razar maxx is still better and has been out forever (in cell phone time).
Still no NFC support in which can be used for various reasons.
It has a logic board of sorts to "make things faster" yet it still isn't the fastest, or the best phone.
Still has the same looks, minus matte finish marks on it.

I love how all the rumors stir up, people speculate, and do all this praying. And its still the same thing, just a little faster than previous gen iphone, but never really the best, or fastest.

It's as if Apple is worried that they may add something (like NFC) and it never catch on, and they look like dummies for producing it in their phones.

I will break my contract with Tmobile to get the Nokia Lumia 920, thanks.

I respect all the flagship phones, but the Nokia is wonderful in every way. I do not care about their fake comerial shen's. I have an HTC Radar running WP7.5 mango. If I could get WP8 to run on this phone I would keep it.

I respect the iphone for at least being on par with the other flagships,......but Apple has become a trendy monster and will continue to make money regardless of how much bashing it recieves. People want a product that "just works" and they want to impress their friends and family members.

What can you do?

No troll, just honesty. No real reason to pick an iphone over "any" other flagship phone.....one does not do anything better than the other......your eyes cannot see .0034 ms of flash of light that it takes for web browser to show up.....or any other app for that matter. All flagship phones are on par with one another, depending on your carrier and needs is the choice. Not because one opens up the web browser 0.2 seconds faster.....you're a moron if you buy a phone because of that.

But, you guys will never understand. Keep the banter going.

i bought a W7P and I'll tell you right now it sounds good but the absolute lack of developer support is BRUTAL.

IGN doesnt even update their windows app.. it has a daily update from November last year.

Honestly I cant wait for my iphone 5 tomorrow. I always see adds for apps that would make my life easier and oh shit you need an iphone to use it :X

my cellphones main priority is to make my life easier via convenience and having a windows phone just makes your life harder. BALIE DAT

What makes the iPhone 5 fastest?
You have linked one article that states its slower than the G3.
You linked one chart that shows that the phone is .3 seconds loading a page.

One huge problem you run into linking that page load chart is that it clearly shows the 4S to be much slower than a G3, which you previously claimed was able to keep up with the G3.

So what metrics are you using to measure any of these claims?

PS if you want to play devils advocate you need to back it up with actual facts.

I'm starting to think you're a troll wonderfield. The OP is clearly out of his mind and trolling like a master. You must be quite the contrarian.

I really laugh when peoples best comebacks to a fully supported, documented, laid-out with facts argument is some kind of useless quip.

To me, it means I completely crushed it and won the arguement hands down.

Thanks man.

I really laugh when peoples best comebacks to a fully supported, documented, laid-out with facts argument is some kind of useless quip.

To me, it means I completely crushed it and won the arguement hands down.

Thanks man.

You have yet to provided any facts that support any of your claims.

arent there a bunch of reviews out that display the iphone 5 as superior then any other flagship phone currently on the market?

generally it lasts until the next flagship phone comes out hahaha

what a bunch of babies

Hi Docta

The original benchmarks I posted made the iPhone5 the fastest phone on the market. Some people hacked their SGS3's with unreleased software to overtake in that one benchmark.

I then posted another benchmark showing the fastest web performance.

All the while we have seen that iOS devices do more with less.

Please re-read all posts before commenting further.

As requested heres some charts where the 4S destroys the SGS3

47418.png

47420.png

P.S. iPhone 5 has 2x this performance....

Id like to see the SGS7 take the 5 in this bench.

Last edited:
Well the iPhone needs all that power to render its fancy 3d maps and flyovers which are all WRONG and completely useless.

It's nothing short of magical !!

Well the iPhone needs all that power to render its fancy 3d maps and flyovers which are all WRONG and completely useless.

First thing ive chuckled at in this thread.

Luckily Google Maps standalone app is in approval line for the App store. I like the Apple Nav, but theres no argueing Maps is an unfinished product.

The one thing that kind of interests me in the iPhone5 is the battery life. But to be honest, for now my GS3 keeps me happy. I guess that is how iPhone4 users felt with the 4s.

So now its they need all that power for fancy 3d maps and fly overs?? Android has crap for GPU in their phones.

Adreno 320, MALI 604 better be good.

So now its they need all that power for fancy 3d maps and fly overs?? Android has crap for GPU in their phones.

Adreno 320, MALI 604 better be good.

I just hope that in 2 years when I get my next upgrade some crazy jump in cellphone technology(that means anything, resolution, cpu power ect.) happens.

Hi Docta

The original benchmarks I posted made the iPhone5 the fastest phone on the market. Some people hacked their SGS3's with unreleased software to overtake in that one benchmark.

I then posted another benchmark showing the fastest web performance.

All the while we have seen that iOS devices do more with less.

Please re-read all posts before commenting further.

Yeah I had a feeling you were going to say that.

By your logic modifying any device to make it faster invalidates any benchmarks or performance statics.

In fact if a manufacture of a product creates system in which one can modify said product that is a feature.

I will offer you a comparison of sorts so you might better understand this concept.
Car maker A and Car maker B.
Car maker A creates a car that goes 0-60 in 5.0 seconds.
Car maker B creates a car that goes 0-60 in 4.5 seconds.

Car maker A makes it impossible for you to modify the car.
Car maker B allows you to modify your car.
A modified car by maker B goes 0-60 in 4.0 seconds.

Which car is the fastest/most powerful?

Before you ask yes the car B now has more bhp than A.

Being .3 seconds faster in loading a single threaded benchmark that is starting to be questioned as a valid bench is not proof that a phone is fastest.

It looks as the iPhone is in fact faster in 3D rendering. These are the graphs I have been requesting.

I could also probably cherry pick evidence that a AMD proc is faster that an Intel in some
applications. That however does not mean that the AMD is the most powerful processor.

Your jumping to conclusion too quickly.

so is the ipad 3 inefficient vs the ipad 2? it has double the batteries.

Ios has hardware custom made for it ios will not run on anything but an ipad or iphone of course it does well on the benchmarks and is optimized crazy tight.

Android has to contend with running on everything from sneakers and wrist watches to coffee makers not just cell phones...

It'll take a octo core at 3ghz for Android to match this iPhone in real world tasks.

Some people have gotten their GS3 to top this score, but the average for all GS3s is in the 1500s.

So which is it?

So the iPad3 is worse than the iPad2 I guess, shame on you Apple.

My good friend is an Apple emplyee and also feels iPad2 is superior.

iPad4 with A6 and power efficient LTE wil be better.

Sometimes Apple gets it wrong.

Both, player, I said real world tasks.

Put the two side by side and see which one loads stuff faster (web pages, email, etc)

Well, for web pages Android wins quite easily thanks to Chrome being insanely fast at loading. And the stock browser in JB is no slouch either.

For email both cache stuff locally, and the "load time" is merely however long the animation is.

Given that those are your two examples, I don't think you've used Android much at all. Android doesn't get everything right, but email & web it's been doing pretty darn good at for quite a while.

iOS does more with less. Thats why a 4S, with waaaay less power than an S3, could keep up.

Horseshit.

First, the S3 is rendering a lot more pixels - so of course the 4S can have slower hardware and still be just as fast, it's all about performance per pixel. S3 is pushing 50% more pixels than the 4S. That's a lot.

Second, the 4S absolutely does not have "waaaay less power" than an S3. Apple has always put the best GPU in the phone with the best memory bandwidth they possibly could. As a result, the 4S is really, *really* powerful. Every iPhone has been *really* powerful. Here, look at the benchmarks: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5810/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-performance-preview Yes, the S3's GPU is faster than the 4S, but not by all that much.

Third, what is this "does more" thing you are talking about? iOS does less than Android does, not more.

And finally, in actually usage the S3 is really fast - it compares quite nicely head to head against a 4S, and that's without the improvements JellyBean brings along.

It means it's rendering to an offscreen render target so it can produce a 720p image. This doesn't change the performance characteristics.

I use a phone that does all the tasks I want the fastest and its not an iphone

/agree. This is why some people never grow up. Embarrassing really, I hate drama queens. Why can't people just get along and stop coveting what others have. This process will always be like this and is largely at people's subjection. The key is realizing this and stop being so damn greedy/boastful, you only make yourself worse. You can be better than this.

Recommend thread close. The subject to begin with was never started with the intention of being objective.

This guy right here, he gets it.

Absolutely as it is using the Qualcomm MDM9600 LTE chip, a huge power suck. Also the screen drains like a mofo. Definitely inefficient.

Anything else?

actually I'm referring to the non-lte variant.

it has double the batteries, and still less battery life. It's not just the screen, it's also the double gpu,

It means it's rendering to an offscreen render target so it can produce a 720p image. This doesn't change the performance characteristics.

How is that a relevant benchmark?
I can think of zero times I have sent an offscreen render to a TV at 720p.
Wouldn't you just want to know the performance of a phone in its native resolution?

How is that a relevant benchmark?
I can think of zero times I have sent an offscreen render to a TV at 720p.
Wouldn't you just want to know the performance of a phone in its native resolution?

Its relevant because different phones have different resolutions. If benchmarking was done only on native res, people could say "oh well that doesnt matter its because that phone has a lower res and pushes less pixels thats why its faster". It makes it a little more scientific. It would be weird to read [H]ard videocard reviews where every car is ran at a different resolution would it not? Thats why you have offscreen rendering of a standard resolution so you can compare.

Back