iPhone 5 is officially the worlds most powerful phone

I like watching the samsung ads, because they obviously care enough to attack just Apple. Someone must feel threatened as well..

They both scare each other!! *gasp*!!

I like them because they're basically true, despite poor execution.

They're using dumb stereotypes. I don't know what people you hang around with, but anybody I know that owns an Apple product aren't idiots like they show in that commercial.

Sryy but ahaha who cares about a phone benchmark?I am not an iphone hater,i have an iphone 4 myself,but reading the comments from the first link just makea le laugh and cry in the same time :)) its like nvidia vs ati all over again. Just because one side has a 5% increase over the other doesn't mean nothing :) Funny how all those apple fanboys buy +++$ macs ,run a benchmark ,than go and use that mac for browsing net and braging how awsome their mac is. It doesnt matter what score a phone gets,angry birds is still gonna run the same :)) i agree that untill now android has been slugish even in the Ui,but with this new generation that seems to be a thing of the past. Who wtf cares if iphone 5 or the S3 is 100 points faster than the other??? And btw its expected for new tech to be faster than "old".

Sryy but ahaha who cares about a phone benchmark?I am not an iphone hater,i have an iphone 4 myself,but reading the comments from the first link just makea le laugh and cry in the same time :)) its like nvidia vs ati all over again. Just because one side has a 5% increase over the other doesn't mean nothing :) Funny how all those apple fanboys buy +++$ macs ,run a benchmark ,than go and use that mac for browsing net and braging how awsome their mac is. It doesnt matter what score a phone gets,angry birds is still gonna run the same :)) i agree that untill now android has been slugish even in the Ui,but with this new generation that seems to be a thing of the past. Who wtf cares if iphone 5 or the S3 is 100 points faster than the other??? And btw its expected for new tech to be faster than "old".

Really great post bro...:rolleyes:

ugh. fuck all this shit. I'm getting my trusty Nokia candy bar phone out.

People really need to give credit when it is due.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the iPhone 5 really offers anything 'new'. What it offers are all the technologies the droid phones have had for a while now.. But with the typical iPhone/Apple battery life.

Really, it isn't any different with any of the iPhone releases. Apple takes a longer period of time to adopt the technology because they wait until said technology can be implemented without impacting the typical 10 hour + battery life you see out of every iPhone model.

And for the average joe - They aren't going to see much difference between 3G and LTE speeds anyways. (Assuming it's even available)

About the only time 4G/LTE has been of use for me is when I use the phone as a modem for my laptop. However, then I have the option of just plugging the device into the laptop to keep it charged anyways. Which is why I got an EVO. For realworld day-to-day usage I much enjoyed my iPhone 4 over the EVO though. (Mostly due to battery life) I'm still using both as I type this message. In fact, I wouldn't bother upgrading off the iPhone 4 if it weren't for the fact that I just want the better camera that the 5 offers. The 4 takes impressive photo's as it is, but all things considered the 5 is a huge upgraded in the camera department. Not to mention the faster CPU means it won't take 5-8 seconds to process HDR photo's.

People really need to give credit when it is due.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the iPhone 5 really offers anything 'new'. What it offers are all the technologies the droid phones have had for a while now.. But with the typical iPhone/Apple battery life.

Really, it isn't any different with any of the iPhone releases. Apple takes a longer period of time to adopt the technology because they wait until said technology can be implemented without impacting the typical 10 hour + battery life you see out of every iPhone model.

And for the average joe - They aren't going to see much difference between 3G and LTE speeds anyways. (Assuming it's even available)

About the only time 4G/LTE has been of use for me is when I use the phone as a modem for my laptop. However, then I have the option of just plugging the device into the laptop to keep it charged anyways. Which is why I got an EVO. For realworld day-to-day usage I much enjoyed my iPhone 4 over the EVO though. (Mostly due to battery life) I'm still using both as I type this message. In fact, I wouldn't bother upgrading off the iPhone 4 if it weren't for the fact that I just want the better camera that the 5 offers. The 4 takes impressive photo's as it is, but all things considered the 5 is a huge upgraded in the camera department. Not to mention the faster CPU means it won't take 5-8 seconds to process HDR photo's.

LTE's huge advantage, for AT&T at least, is the significantly decreased latency. It's on the order of 40-50 ms, where as UMTS latency was in the 100's.

LTE's huge advantage, for AT&T at least, is the significantly decreased latency. It's on the order of 40-50 ms, where as UMTS latency was in the 100's.

Agreed.

But again, most users will never have a need for it. For the average user LTE is nothing more then a marketing bullet. The increased bandwidth of 3G is more then enough.

On a day-to-day basis I keep 3G/LTE off on all my cell phones as it is. As EDGE services will load up e-mail and other basic things just fine.

The only benefit to me of the iPhone 5 having LTE is that I can ditch my EVO for use as a modem. Although I may just keep it as a modem anyways so I can keep the iPhone 5 seperate from that duty as it is.

LTE's latency is a HUGE advantage. My cable went out and I was forced to tether my phone to my PC for a while.. 100 ping is generous it was more like 200-300. Online gaming is nearly impossible over anything but LTE (this includes HSPA+).

I own a GS3 and I can honestly say the iPhone 5 is an awesome looking phone. Having owned a 4 in the past I can kinda see both sides. I love android the customization that comes with it and I'm partial to OLEDs (even pentile) compared to traditional low contrast LG IPS panels. However the iPhone is more polished, the apps, the design.. it's just something Apple has really nailed. Gaming on iOS is miles ahead of android. If only Apple wouldn't dumb it down to so much for the masses and allowed more user control without jailbreaking. The only reason I don't regret getting one is iOS 6, more of the same.. still in Apple's limited world.

All that said they are honestly both awesome devices and once s3 gets jellybean I think they will be very close performance wise (other than graphics of course..) But really Apple hit one out of the park with the iPhone 5 and it will be a standard for other new phones to live up to. Revolutionary? No.. but still the biggest evolution since the 3gs -> 4

Looks at thread then on gs3 opens native gmail app and attaches 5 photos, an mp3, a couple of pdf docs All within the app. A high benchmark doesnt mean you can do stuff like this. Iphone users have only just got ability to Attatch a photo natively. Welcome to the last Decade!

I've never had the need to attach 5 photos a MP3 and a couple of PDF docs in the same email. I rarely do such a thing even on my normal computer.

If that is your huge requirement for a phone then you obviously won't be buying an iPhone.

I've never had the need to attach 5 photos a MP3 and a couple of PDF docs in the same email. I rarely do such a thing even on my normal computer.

If that is your huge requirement for a phone then you obviously won't be buying an iPhone.

ok its still even a struggle on an iphone just to send a couple of files with out going into a seperate app, if its that powerful why cant it do the things i want?. your right its not for me, it doesnt do or have the simple things i need in a mobile device.

As of today, iphone 5 is king. If and When SGS3 users actually get an official update to JB, the sammy will pull ahead in this benchmark. Lets wait until that day.

Other benchies for the 5 coming in at 1650+

Its a good day to be an iPhone user

Hi mobusta, been wondering what happened to you. Oh, posted from my Lumia 900...

So, start with this: (Let's call it A)
Show me the good A15 based dual core thats out other than iPhone5

Apple improved upon the A15 architechture, which is making its debut in iP5. Thats why its such an achievement.

1st with A15 architechture
Lots of 1sts here

Then you follow with this: (Let's call it B)
Current consensus is A15 based. It uses ARMv7s instructions. Only A15 can use those:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6292/iphone-5-a6-not-a15-custom-core

Key quote:
"What's the main difference between the armv7 and armv7s architecture targets for the LLVM C compiler? The presence of VFPv4 support. The armv7s target supports it, the v7 target doesn't. Why does this matter?

Only the Cortex A5, A7 and A15 support the VFPv4 extensions to the ARMv7-A ISA. The Cortex A8 and A9 top out at VFPv3. If you want to get really specific, the Cortex A5 and A7 implement a 16 register VFPv4 FPU, while the A15 features a 32 register implementation. The point is, if your architecture supports VFPv4 then it isn't a Cortex A8 or A9.

It's pretty easy to dismiss the A5 and A7 as neither of those architectures is significantly faster than the Cortex A9 used in Apple's A5. The obvious conclusion then is Apple implemented a pair of A15s in its A6 SoC.

For unpublishable reasons, I knew the A6 SoC wasn't based on ARM's Cortex A9, but I immediately assumed that the only other option was the Cortex A15. I foolishly cast aside the other major possibility: an Apple developed ARMv7 processor core."

Funny how people keep saying that its apparent I dont know my hardware, when my hardware claims are the only ones holding water in this thread.

If 'B' changes the content of 'A', then Krait would've been the first 'A15' chip out, no?

I may be looking at the iphone 5 for my next upgrade since it seems to be a pretty fast phone at the moment it should probably last me a while like the current one did. My first and only foray into the smartphone market was the Droid X, and it is the most awful piece of hardware I have ever used. Nothing on the planet could make me buy an android phone after using this thing for two years.
Want to use the camera? Too bad, you get a frozen black screen. Internet? Sorry, it just crashed so you'll have to reboot the phone. Music? Sorry, that crashed too so you'll have to wipe the phone back to default because some corrupted music file is stuck playing forever.

I thought it might be the phone, so I had them give me a new one under warranty, same thing. I eventually returned it so many times they gave me an X2, which is also just as bad with the added "feature" of not being able to find GPS unless I restart the phone.

I'm looking hard at an iphone because I like to be able to use internet on the go, but I'm also strongly considering just going back to a regular phone if I can even find one. The only thing keeping me dragging this thing around is that I have verizon unlimited data and I don't want to lose it by "upgrading" my plan to 4G.

So, start with this: (Let's call it A)

Then you follow with this: (Let's call it B)

If 'B' changes the content of 'A', then Krait would've been the first 'A15' chip out, no?

Heh, I think you are (as well as most argueing with this guy) talking to a brick wall.

Apple is leasing ARM technology, such as they have done in the past that is based off of one of the patented core technologies. Apple has a lot of customization going on in its core and I think it would be foolish to just claim it as an A15 core, more of a A15 based core.

Since I'm pretty sure this is a mobusta alter ego, "brick wall" is being nice about it.

Not sure who mobusta is and dont care. As you can see I've been a member here for over 8 years.

As far as the talking to a brick wall comment, lay it out if you think you have a good argument, I'd love to hear it. I always like a well thought out, well supported argument, I jsut dont tend to see that from Android users.

Not sure who mobusta is and dont care. As you can see I've been a member here for over 8 years.

As far as the talking to a brick wall comment, lay it out if you think you have a good argument, I'd love to hear it. I always like a well thought out, well supported argument, I jsut dont tend to see that from Android users.

Just as well-thought-out as you comparing a phone that hasn't been released yet to an OS that hasn't officially been released yet?

Hey, I hear WP8 will destroy all comers, but you don't see me doing my best to blow myself in front of an audience over it. Its a fucking phone. I've had an iPhone. I'll never own another one after being bent over Steve Jobs' knee and having my ass wailed on by apple customer "care." I'm loving WP7 far more than iOS and I'll never fucking go back, and no benchmark will ever change my mind. The iPhone 5 could give me an old-fashioned while changing my fucking oil for me, and apple will still never get another penny from me.

So there.

Oh, and if you're not mobusta then you're his fucking twin. I'll look for your CoD hacks "look at how much I win at life" YouTube video in the general gaming forum later. Mobusta.

I'm sure you've all read about (or seen) the absolute disaster that is Apple Maps, right? This is typical Apple, hype an unfinished useless feature as the greatest thing ever, and the flaws come out later. Did this with Siri as well.

Who cares about specs (as Apple itself used to say) when you core OS and software is so bad.

Just as well-thought-out as you comparing a phone that hasn't been released yet to an OS that hasn't officially been released yet?

Hey, I hear WP8 will destroy all comers, but you don't see me doing my best to blow myself in front of an audience over it. Its a fucking phone. I've had an iPhone. I'll never own another one after being bent over Steve Jobs' knee and having my ass wailed on by apple customer "care." I'm loving WP7 far more than iOS and I'll never fucking go back, and no benchmark will ever change my mind. The iPhone 5 could give me an old-fashioned while changing my fucking oil for me, and apple will still never get another penny from me.

So there.

Yeah no one cares about Windows phone

Oh, and if you're not mobusta then you're his fucking twin. I'll look for your CoD hacks "look at how much I win at life" YouTube video in the general gaming forum later. Mobusta.

Never played CoD a day in my life

The iPhone will never be the best phone because it isn't able to be embraced by the enterprise community until they make it far more secure. I don't believe that will happen for a long time because most iPhone users could care less about the safety of their data.

The iPhone will never be the best phone because it isn't able to be embraced by the enterprise community until they make it far more secure. I don't believe that will happen for a long time because most iPhone users could care less about the safety of their data.

Apple couldn't care less. They make billions from consumer sales, and have no desire to make their products appealing to enterprise.

What community is that? I work for a fortune 500 silicon valley tech firm, and its 95% iPhone.

Yeah, I'm not too sure of that. Our company, a leading healthcare company in the USA, supports the iPhones much more than Android and has been steadily moving off of Blackberry for some time. The doctors want the support so IT and security have put a lot of time and effort into it. Everything from remote access to internal Network access. Heck, even the iPhones are supported out of the box by our Exchange system, while Android devices are required to purchase and use Touchdown for email access :rolleyes:

Personally I'm not an Appl fan, but I'm really curious what corporations out there are not moving to support for Apple products and why...

Yeah no one cares about Windows phone

Except those in the know. :)

What community is that? I work for a fortune 500 silicon valley tech firm, and its 95% iPhone.

This is what happens when upper management likes trendy things and then force it downwards into IT. My company also supports iPhone's despite the headaches they cause.

You keep saying that the 4S can "keep up" with a G3, where are you getting that information from?

Why do people keep bringing up battery life being so amazing?

Its a taller phone than previous gen iphone.....means more space for a battery......this grants you better battery life. It's not like apple sais "hay guiz since we have dezz battreiessss dat r so big lets use dem"........

Once again, my argument is this;

The droid razar maxx is still better and has been out forever (in cell phone time).
Still no NFC support in which can be used for various reasons.
It has a logic board of sorts to "make things faster" yet it still isn't the fastest, or the best phone.
Still has the same looks, minus matte finish marks on it.

I love how all the rumors stir up, people speculate, and do all this praying. And its still the same thing, just a little faster than previous gen iphone, but never really the best, or fastest.

It's as if Apple is worried that they may add something (like NFC) and it never catch on, and they look like dummies for producing it in their phones.

I will break my contract with Tmobile to get the Nokia Lumia 920, thanks.

I respect all the flagship phones, but the Nokia is wonderful in every way. I do not care about their fake comerial shen's. I have an HTC Radar running WP7.5 mango. If I could get WP8 to run on this phone I would keep it.

I respect the iphone for at least being on par with the other flagships,......but Apple has become a trendy monster and will continue to make money regardless of how much bashing it recieves. People want a product that "just works" and they want to impress their friends and family members.

What can you do?

No troll, just honesty. No real reason to pick an iphone over "any" other flagship phone.....one does not do anything better than the other......your eyes cannot see .0034 ms of flash of light that it takes for web browser to show up.....or any other app for that matter. All flagship phones are on par with one another, depending on your carrier and needs is the choice. Not because one opens up the web browser 0.2 seconds faster.....you're a moron if you buy a phone because of that.

But, you guys will never understand. Keep the banter going.

Last edited:
Back