iPhone 5 iOS6 & Itunes 11

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
I have a Verizon iPhone5 and Itunes 11. I am trying to re-sync my ringtones (tones) and for the life of me I can not figure it out. I googled the problem and it seems like Apple has done everything possible to make it hard for you to put custom ringtones on your device. I have 2 ringtones purchased from Itunes that are grayed out. I synced the device and they will not show up on the phone. Signed in and out of Itunes. Looked everywhere I could for a sync tunes box. Right clicked. I honestly believe this is intentional and they would like you to just repurchase them... given the crap ringtones from factory. I mean its only .99 or $1.20. This is absolutely ridiculous on Apples part :mad:

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

I'm not really into ringtones, but I do like changing up screen up with different images. I have this app known as Pimp your Screen. These guys also make a $0.99 app known as Pimp your Sound. It's purpose is to let you easily change your ringtones. I can't speak for it, but if it is anything like Pimp your Screen, it should be good. Just an idea.

Yeah. Its authorized.

Will take a look at that app but damn... Shouldnt be that hard to get custom ringtones.

If you've already purchased them before just go into your itunes app on your phone and redownload them. You usually don't have to rebuy anything you've purchased before.

Find the file and move out of the itunes library. Delete from itunes. reimport into itunes. I had to do that with one of my custom ones. Can't guarantee it will work, but worth a shot.

If you've already purchased them before just go into your itunes app on your phone and redownload them. You usually don't have to rebuy anything you've purchased before.
Ring tones are under a different licensing and have to be repurchased.

Thanks for the help everyone. This will most likely be my last Apple device. Absolutely BS that they lock it down to the point they do. Here's hoping Windows Phone 8 gets their shit together...

Ring tones are under a different licensing and have to be repurchased.

Dear Apple,

Two things. Ahoy Matey! & FOAD.

OK, no one else has suggested this, so I'll offer another method that you can use so that you get the custom ringtones that you want onto your iDevice:

Take your unprotected audio file and import it into Audacity or similar
Engineer your ringtone
Export into an audio format supported by iTunes
Sync to your iDevice

Truth is my writeup is missing a step in between, but it won't be difficult.

I have a Verizon iPhone5 and Itunes 11. I am trying to re-sync my ringtones (tones) and for the life of me I can not figure it out. I googled the problem and it seems like Apple has done everything possible to make it hard for you to put custom ringtones on your device. I have 2 ringtones purchased from Itunes that are grayed out. I synced the device and they will not show up on the phone. Signed in and out of Itunes. Looked everywhere I could for a sync tunes box. Right clicked. I honestly believe this is intentional and they would like you to just repurchase them... given the crap ringtones from factory. I mean its only .99 or $1.20. This is absolutely ridiculous on Apples part :mad:

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

dude putting ringtones is easy. Trim the song to what you want your ringtone to be, optimally it would be about 30 seconds. You just then convert your mp3 to an m4a format. They have sites for those, just google it. After your mp3 files is converted to m4a all you have to do is rename it to [songtitle].m4r. That is it.

Back