Iphone 4S - Bumper Style Cases

bencho

2[H]4U
Hey,

Can we start a list of bumper-styled cases currently available? I've been trying to research the best one but each one seems to have some major issue, be it quality or price. I'm looking for one that has a LIP over the front and back of the phone, just so it raises the glass off surfaces when set down.

If anyone's got their own experiences, please add!

Pinlo Bladedge - Nice but no lip!!
SGP Hybrid EX - Looks good but two pieces that are form fitted over is not cool and its apparently too thin
Element Cases - Vapor series is nice but WTF, $80 to $150+ for a case is absurdly overpriced
Case-Mate Jett Metal - Seems OK but the metal cases seem to affect reception of both cell and wifi signal?

I've also been looking at snap on jacket cases and the best one so far is Power Support's Air Jacket, but again, it doesn't have a lip no the front.

On my iphone 4s i originally got a vapor 4 and the signal issues really suck. i then got a griffen reveal bumper, but it is so tight that it would pinch and lift the screen rotector. I ended up with a vapor comp, and there is no signal loss and looks great. At Best Buy its $80 but well worth it.

Bought an incase slider for my 4s , returned it the minute i tried it on at home. Button access was poor and the screen access was cripled by the badly designed bezel.

Wish its price point was a little lower. $60 is a lot for a case that in the end won't offer much drop protection.

Yeah too bad most of the ones that really protect the phone are ugly and cover up the phone.

arr4ws,

I looked at the Incase Slider but opted for the Casecrown Glider. I have only had it a couple of days but I really like the feel of it. The only minus has been the difficulty in removing the bottom once put in place. I wanted the ability to dock with a little extra protection.

It has the slightest lip around the front so the phone is still comfortable to hold against your face but keeps the face off a countertop if set face down. The case has a slightly soft feel to it but that looks like it might be an ultra-thin rubber coating. A little more grip than the glass and aluminum but not much. It definitely does not get stuck in your pocket. The tolerances on it are very strict. It has a very tight fit.

The graph looks like it might be the perfect solution for me, though. It looks very easy to put on and remove.

Yeah too bad most of the ones that really protect the phone are ugly and cover up the phone.

Ya, I've spents hours trying to find a bumper, case, or case/holster that looks good and protects well.
My sister has the Otterbox Defender on her iPhone 4 and it is very durable but makes the phone too large.

when i have my 4s in hand , i like the feeling of it. Its thin and sturdy. But the finish is very slippy.

I really like the grove case but 90$ for a case... suuuuuure!

Happy w my otter box defender I may go w a vapor case as the iPhone is such a nice looking phone and it is a shame to hide behind plastic and rubber

Ordered a black graft matte... best one i've seen everywhere but... now i dunno with that thread i just read with the update.
I've been reading that thread from top to bottom and didnt notice the update.... mine hasnt shipped yet i think but now i have misgivings :(

FYI, gadgetmac.com has a lot of good reviews of all types of cases!

Element Case
China has made perfect fitment knockoffs of these and sell them for $20-30 depending on where you get them. There is a big thread about it over in the accessories iphone section at MacRumors.

But are they billet as well? IDE rather buy a USA made one for 5X the price just to thumb my nose at those commie bastards

TPC is too rubberized. I'd prefer a glossy coating. slips in and out of jeans better.

SGP Neo Hybrid EX looks amazing in Satin silver on my 4S. You wouldn't believe how many people doubted me when I said their was a bumper on the phone. I have yet to have any quality control issues with it breaking.

I have a Navjack Trim series case for my iPhone 4S. Its a bumper case with the carbon fiber look. It has a raised edge on both sides to protect the screen and the back. It also includes screen protectors for the front and back or a carbon fiber looking sticker depending on the version you get. The only problem is that right now its hard to find the newer version of the case that fits the iPhone 4 AT&T & Verizon/4S. Amazon carries them, but it based on the reviews its the older iPhone 4 only version. It could also be that the sites that carry the product hasn't updated their website to indicate its the updated version. I got mine from http://www.skcapricorn.com since they list the Verizon version which has the same mute switch as the iPhone 4S.

http://navjack.com/product.php?KindID=2&ID=14

navjack.png

Here is my phone with a white CF sticker from http://www.theluckylabs.com.
I'm looking to get another navjack case in white, but I can't find the 4S version for sale.

iphonenavjack2.jpg

Last edited:
Back