iPhone 4 FaceChat - Impressions?

I was impressed. Video didn't skip, audio stayed in sync with the video, etc.

I can't say I'll use it very often but it is definitely a fun experience. It almost felt like I was right there visiting with my friends even though they're hundreds of miles away.

Until it's usable over 3G, it's a novelty.

Many of the places where I would want to use facetime, I usually have a wifi connection. It's a novelty until more people can use it.

I find it funny how Apple is making a big deal over this, and there are 2-3 commercials dedicated to "facetime" but it's been in many countries, including Korea, for 4+ years now. My $50 Korean cell phone can do that... over the cell network.. without wifi..

I don't wanna start an argument or anything.. just saying...

when the jailbrake comes out, it'll be better
how much is the price per call and the quality?

Have not used it. Don't use my webcam much, and this is pretty much the same thing considering I am stuck using it via Wifi. The good thing about my webcam is that more people I know can interact with me by it since it is much much much more universal.

I still think it's cool and the simple trick of switching between back and front-facing cameras is wonderful. Initiating a FaceTime call, or switching to it during a voice-call is seemless and excellent.

Illuminate, does the $50 phone that allows you to do it over the cell network work the same way?

Back