iPhone 4 - Battery Life

Meow.

Gawd
I just wanted to start a thread on battery life. I was lucky and got my iPhone 4 on launch day. Didn't have any yellow splotching on the screen, and have been nothing but happy with it. Once I activated my phone, I fully charged it to 100% and started to play, as any person does when they get a new phone. That was yesterday, now at around 6pm eastern, the next day, I'm finally plugging it in to charge it back up. Included I've attached a picture of my usage/stand-by and a 3G speed test. Hope ya'll enjoy and share your experiences as well.

Usage includes, 5 "FaceTime" conversations for a considerable amount of time, multiple normal calls, lots of txt messaging, middle brightness w/ auto brightness turned on, general web browsing, a couple of games, Exchange Gmail, picture taking, and several tech podcasts (played through internal speaker). In total it almost got to 9 hours of actually doing stuff on the phone, and 26 hours of stand-by. So ~35 hours of battery life, and that got me down to 2% battery life.

Next picture is of a Speedtest.net app speed test. I live in Winston Salem, NC and have 5 bars everywhere I go in this city. I'm very happy with my speed test. And I have better upload on my cell phone than on my land line... :-/

photo2.png

photo1.png

I agree- the battery life has definitely improved over the 3G/3GS. Definitely a welcomed advance.

Nothing too scientific but I feel like I can actually use my phone and not worry if I'll make it to the end of the day as much as with my 3G. It still gets down low but usually by that time I'm plugging it in for the night and going to bed.

I think I'd feel most comfortable with a car adapter... just in case.

Totally agree. This is one of the best things about iPhone 4. People like to complain about reception but if you change your hand position then you have a smart phone that lasts ALL DAY!

I had to go to an event I didnt really want to go and I watched the world cup German vs England on MobiTV and still had over 30 percent battery left by the end of the night and some heavy usage.

This is very nice to hear.

I'm already pleased with the battery life of my 3GS, but this seems to be much better. And that's using the new screen with 4x pixels to push. Very impressive.

Btw, I think Standby Time includes Usage Time as well, so you had 26 hours in total, not 35.

Back