iPhone 3GS vs. BlackBerry Bold 9700 (Onyx)

prodigee

Gawd
Ok so, I am due for an upgrade this month, and I currently have a Blackberry Bold 9000, and I really love it, I really do, but the web browsing is just well, not great, to say the least, but I really love the physical keyboard and BBM. The dilemma I am facing is that the Bold 9700 or Onyx, costs the same as the 32GB iPhone. The iPhone appeals to me because of all the apps, and the web browsing experience, but I really hate the touchscreen keyboard. I just dont know what to do.

I am 16, and I do 3-4 thousand texts a month so yeah texting and BBM is a big one to me. I also really like some of the apps in the App Store and Safari is great.

God I just wish AT&T had some Android phones thens there would be no contest, but there isn't so...

Why not wait and see what the Droid is like? It's one of the phones I'm considering to replace my 3GS. I like the iPhone, but am sick of AT&T.

The only way to get any freedom is to jailbreak/unlock the it.

I totally understand on the poor AT&T service and the closed App store, but is jailbreaking really such a big deal? I've done it several times and I never had any issues with it.

I totally understand on the poor AT&T service and the closed App store, but is jailbreaking really such a big deal? I've done it several times and I never had any issues with it.
Not at all. Mine is jailbroken, too, but it's just stupid that Apple makes us have to resort to that.

I carry both the bold and the iphone (soon to be replaced by TP2/Tilt 2). For texting and email I very much like my Bold. I like the bold in everyway over the iphone except the apps. Even web browsing with Opera is great and faster than on the iphone. I am getting the Tilt 2 because that is what my company wants me to carry for some WM specific apps and I think I will get the Bold2 when I can get it for a reasonable price. Although I really love my bold and may just modify it once I can get OS 5.0. My guess is that WM 7.0 will be sweet so I am actually looking forward to the Tilt2. I have also played with 6.5 and like it quite a bit but again will know more about it once I get the Tilt.

Back