iPhone 3G now 16gb $200.00

I assume Oregon...and a note of my experience. I have full bars, yet I still get dropped or distorted calls all the time. The call will go fuzzy all of a sudden, yet the signal still shows it as being great. I will not be renewing with AT&T when my contract's up.
Might be your phone, I'm in Portland, OR as well and like I said, rarely ever get dropped calls with ATT. With T-Mobile, completely different story.

by the way its even cheaper now you can get it for less than $100 as live cashback is 35%

It can be at $150, I am not going to get stuck with ATT. I'm already going to cancel my (formerly) SBC Yahoo DSL acct with them at the end of this month. Tired with their bad company practices.

Wow, (semi) ancient bitchfest in here.

If half of the people in here are as angry as they say they are, they should man up like hafaznmatt and cancel their contracts.

Been with ATT Since 2001.
Got an iPhone the day the 3G was released.
Haven't have any issues.

Moral of the story is no two carriers will have the same coverage in any area. Check if ATT is good in your area. If it is, get the iPhone. If it's bad and you get an iPhone, that's your own fault for doing shoddy research.

If half of the people in here are as angry as they say they are, they should man up like hafaznmatt and cancel their contracts.

Yeah, a few ancient threads were bumped yesterday and I'm wondering what people have to gain from doing that.

i believe 3g for tmobile is 1700mhz and att has 1600/1800mhz so no you cant use the 3g aspect of each porovider on teh other providers network. YOu would only be allowed to use edge.

t-mobile is on 1700mhz... ATT 3G network is on 2100mhz

and t-mobile's GSM is on 1900mhz, while ATT's is on 850mhz... hence the "more bars" you usually get on ATT... but since there is less bandwith, and a higher noise floor on 850mhz, it also means more dropped calls and capacity issues lol

i canceled my ATT contract 10+ years ago and been with T-mo ever since, is t-mobile perfect? no way, far from it, but i refuse to use anything besides GSM so they are pretty much my only choice... and at least their customer service is usually ok

Might be your phone, I'm in Portland, OR as well and like I said, rarely ever get dropped calls with ATT. With T-Mobile, completely different story.

it depends where you live, here in miami ATT has serious capacity issues, so sometimes when you go from one tower to another, if the next tower has no open time slots your call = dropped...

New Gen 3 phone is rumored to be out in a month or two, no sense in locking in to this. I've had a great experience with mine and ATT. Just depends on where you live I guess. phone certainly isn't perfect though.

service is okay, 3G is not that fast, but I love my iphone 4 sho... paid $320 in store for mine.

live.com cashback has goneaway now

Back