iphone 2.01 wiped itunes library

Martyr

2[H]4U
this happen to anyone else? music gone, movies gone, podcasts gone, aps gone, ringtones gone

Sorry to hear that. It worked GREAT for me. So far it seems to have fixed my issues too.

thats odd, but eh I still havent updated to 2.0 yet as jail breaking and unlocking still isn't full proof.

Wiped your iTunes library (on your PC/Mac) or the stuff from your phone?

I did the update on a co-workers 2G iphone and iTunes warned us that it would erase all that stuff since his iPhone wasn't synced with my PC. All it did was erase the music though (since it was a 1.x iphone, there were no apps so I can't be sure if it would erase those)

I did my iphone 3G last night at home and everything is fine.

that is indeed very strange... the updater shouldn't modify anything in itunes itself.

Maybe your iTunes library settings became corrupt?

Are you on a Mac or PC? Check your iTunes folder to see if your music / videos / podcasts are still there.

If they are you can just re-add them into itunes (may take a while)

sounds like what happened to my friend who hadn't yet updated to the new iTunes, so we updated to that, and everything was missing, we just dragged it all back in and it sorted everything out.

Your iTunes library file may have been replaced. Check to see that you still have all your .mp3 and other media files in your iTunes folder. The update shouldn't be able to physically delete all your media..

did you seriously notice any improvement over the regular 2.0.0? IF so, ill startup winpwn :)

this happen to anyone else? music gone, movies gone, podcasts gone, aps gone, ringtones gone

Did you sync the iPhone before updating? By default syncing with 2.0+ firmware results in a full backup each time. There should be a backup of your last sync through iTunes.

As far as Firmware 2.0.1, apps load a tad bit faster and the OS has yet to crash on me. Sometimes in 2.0.0 when answering a call, I would slide the bar to answer and it would just keep ringing for about 2 minutes. Resulting in a reset on the phone to fix. Firmware 2.0.1 has yet to do this for me.

Back