IPCOP 1.4.18 won't save settings, won't reboot

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
Ok so now IP COP has started to annoy me for the first time ever. I click on the reboot button and it won't restart at all. It clicks but doesn't do shit... it still online if I go back to the main home page. I also can't change any settings for logging. Default is 56 days, if I try any other value, say 32 in this instance, I click save, and it goes back to 56. What gives?:mad:

How much disk space do you have? I had a similar problem when I ran an IPCop machine from compact flash.

Try a different browser? Empty temp internet files/cache.
Yeah worked under IE for some reason. Clearing cache in FF did not seem to work either. WTF...

How much disk space do you have? I had a similar problem when I ran an IPCop machine from compact flash.
I am using a 1 gig Compact flash card. It has always been low on space but never seemed to cause a problem. I was looking all over high and low where to "clear" the logs, but can't seem to find it.

If I remember correctly, you can clear logs from the System drop down. You should see your partitions and storage media and there will be a button to clear logs.

Rebooting also frees up some space. If you can't reboot from the GUI, you probably can just kill the power with out issue.

Rebooting also frees up some space. If you can't reboot from the GUI, you probably can just kill the power with out issue.
thats what I did, it restarted fine, then odd things started to happen, my connection to the internet would drop on two different machines. I haven't experienced it again since rebooting the machine manually a second time though.

Check your System Logs to see what's going on when connections fail or when IPCOP is starting to act "funny."

LOL, you know I should really be smacking myself for that one, its just that IPCOP really has not caused an issue for so long and I totally forgot that maybe checking the logs could give me some ideas :p

Back