iPads Break When You Drop Them On Concrete!

HardOCP News

[H] News
You guys aren't going to believe this! If you drop an item made of glass on concrete....wait for it....it breaks! You know what else? People that drop iPads face down on concrete are usually insurance salesmen! The only thing that makes this video worth watching is the two iPads getting smashed for no apparent reason. :D

"Oh. Wow".

"Oh. Woah."

Are people that dumb that they are surprised?

Common sense answers these questions for them with them even having to take these actions. They could have just donated those iPads to a children's cancer hospital in the area and done a lot more good.

What do you expect, it's a company that sells warranties for things like iPads, of course they wanted to show them breaking. Here's how you break your iPad, now please buy our Squaretrade warranty and when you do the same thing we'll replace it.

I would be totally blown away by a video that said:

"Hi, I am a hipster douchenozzle. Today, instead of wasting $1,000 on [insert popular gadget] and breaking it, we are going to donate that money to a deserving charity. Watch, in ultra slo-motion, the startled look on the recipients face as we hand over the cash."

Then again, I like to see shit get shot or blown up too, so I have no room to talk. :D

Common sense answers these questions for them with them even having to take these actions. They could have just donated those iPads to a children's cancer hospital in the area and done a lot more good.

but then they'd miss out on youtube comments, the best kind of comments.

What do you expect, it's a company that sells warranties for things like iPads, of course they wanted to show them breaking. Here's how you break your iPad, now please buy our Squaretrade warranty and when you do the same thing we'll replace it.

Sadly the only other person who seemed to catch on to Squaretrade trying to (poorly) peddle their product.

I'll give them an extra gold star for finding people who looked like hipster douche bags to drop them though.

So this what it looks like when hipsters try to use the scientific method? Again, the key word here is "try". I still can't believe they were acting surprised. Glass and concrete don't mix.

Well there is just no way I'm going to buy one now. They need to fix this! :p:rolleyes:

I don't know who's worse... people who buy iPads/iPhones just to break them or people who buy iPads/iPhones.

:D

Drop unprotected HTC HD2 (phone), Galaxy Nexus (phone), HP Touchpad from waist height or slightly above on concrete and you get some corner damage, like a chip. Drop ANY apple mobile device and its a total loss ( screen annihilated). Apples continuing policy always seems to be form over function, I cant even tell you just how consistenly i see shattered iphones/ipods of all generations where ever i go.

Drop unprotected HTC HD2 (phone), Galaxy Nexus (phone), HP Touchpad from waist height or slightly above on concrete and you get some corner damage, like a chip. Drop ANY apple mobile device and its a total loss ( screen annihilated). Apples continuing policy always seems to be form over function, I cant even tell you just how consistenly i see shattered iphones/ipods of all generations where ever i go.

That's fine. Enjoy your cheap plastic tablet, lol

Anyone who doesn't protect their tablet - any tablet - are idiots. Android, Apple, Playbook, whatever. You protect your laptop by carrying them in padded bags until you're sitting down and using it. You protect your tablet in a likewise fashion. It's not rocket science.

Actually, it's a valid test for a device that's meant to be used while carried around.

I've dropped every cell phone I've owned from waist to chest height and all of them have survived with just some cosmetic damage.

I can't fault apple completely for it breaking though, with a case so packed with stuff, and a huge, stiff glass screen, and customers demanding "super thin" it's not surprising. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Why doesn't Apple adopt Gorilla Glass?

I was actually thinking just that, but then I though apple is greedy and use the clumsiness of people to make more money by not covering what they did.

pretty sure they do, Gorilla glass is just a Corning brand of tempered glass, Gorilla glass still breaks just not as easily or as violently.

Also there are many other companies that use the same process as corning to create the same toughness of glass.

I don't know who's worse... people who buy iPads/iPhones just to break them or people who buy iPads/iPhones.

:D

It's actually the people who don't buy iPads/iPhones and then come to [H] to self proclaim how superior they are.

Back