Ipad Warranty Help

RiZZo0

Gawd
Hey guys,

Long story short, I bought a used Ipad 64GB from a user on eBay. Needless to say this thing has a serious hardware issue because I have tried LITERALLY everything thing in the book to get it setup and no luck. All it does is stay stuck on the Apple/ Usb Cable Screen and never gets recognized by any of my computer/various cable connections. Now in my house I have 3 Iphones and my girlfriends ipad which all have zero problems with syncing or whatever else.

What I would like to know is can I take this thing to an apple store and get it fixed/switched or even send it into apple without an original sales reciept? I'm totally clueless on how crazy apple might be if I don't have the original copy, seeing as how the seller is the shadiest person in the world and told me he lost the reciept! :mad:

I would appreciate any and all help on this issue because I basically have a very expensive DUD in my house that I would love to use. Thank you so much guys.

Make an appt at the Genius Bar and take it in. Serial number will show it's under warranty...they haven't been out a year.

I was definitely thinking about doing this because there is an apple store not too far from me however my question still remains even though they will see its under warranty...will they still exchange it without the original receipt and without question? I just worry because it was an eBay purchase.

It shouldn't matter, you can easily change the owners name if it is registered or just tell them and they should understand. Apple is pretty good about it. Unless they changed the rules on the iPad, it should be really simple. Over the years I would buy used iPods then when it broke on me I would just go to the "bar" and get a replacement

yea same here, I've never had problems getting a used ipod repaired, I would assume its the same with the ipad

like others said just make an appointment and it will go by the serial number.

You should be fine :)

I've never had an iPad, but between used iPods, an iBook, and a G4 Mac Mini I have never had any issues with getting warranty support from apple on used items over the phone or at the bar. Just tell them you bought it from a friend / ebay / whatever, they change the registration info and you are on your way.

Well I just wanted to give you guys an update on the situation. Thank you very much for your help and like you guys said, it was very painless. I just went into the store, explained my situation, they checked the back to see if they had any more in stock and sure enough I walked out of the apple store with a brand new ipad. I was so happy and amazed at their customer service.

Well I just wanted to give you guys an update on the situation. Thank you very much for your help and like you guys said, it was very painless. I just went into the store, explained my situation, they checked the back to see if they had any more in stock and sure enough I walked out of the apple store with a brand new ipad. I was so happy and amazed at their customer service.

"Apple Tax" dollars hard at work there :D. Congrats on the new ipad. I've had my 3G model since (basically) release and have had zero troubles. I'm hoping it stays that way.

Yeah, this is one area that I will complement apple on. They've got customer service down pretty well. I've even had a macbook pro repaired for free that wasnt under warranty. haha.

Back