Ipad Video App?

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
My wife wants to be able to watch videos stored on our NAS from her iPad when she is in the house.

I tried Boxee and Boxee manager, but that doesnt work because Boxee manager cant use UNC paths:( ... not sure what the point is if you cant do that but i digress.

Any other apps out there that will let us watch movies and recorded tv on our ipad?

I'm not sure if this will fit the bill, but you can try Plex. It looks pretty nice after its big update

AirVideo if it is install-able on your NAS. Works nice when outside of your home wifi too.

If jailbroke then XBMC is also a good choice but if not then another vote for Plex. :D

I use the VLCStreamer app.. It's very simple to setup

you install the app on your ipad/iphone it costs $1.99 and is well worth it...
then, download the free VLC streamer helper app on any PC.. They give you the link when you configure the app for first time..
it will be able to access any drive on that PC.. plays everything

remastered star wars 1080p mkv:
img3732svf.jpg

I use UNRAID as my NAS.. since it is linux all I have to do is map all the drives with the movies on the PC and VLC streamer is able to access any movies on it..

I can even watch movies outside of my LAN as long as I'm on wifi... it's totally awesome..all the movies on my NAS available on my iphone/ipad anywhere there is wifi

--mike

Last edited:
Back