iPad VGA Output

Haven

Supreme [H]ardness
So I am doing a presentation later this month using my iPad as it is part of the subject matter. So I was thinking of getting one of the VGA adapters that plug into the iPad. Does anyone have one of these, and will it display anything other than videos?

Will I be able to use it to show people other applications that are on the iPad?

On the original iPad the VGA output will only work with photo slideshows, videos and presentations like Keynote. The new iPad 2 will support complete mirroring of everything you're doing.

Also, take note that when you plug in the iPad you will think somethings wrong because nothing will be displayed and your display or projector won't switch at all until you actually start the slideshow or presentation.

Thanks. So good thing I have an iPad 2. I guess I better get the cable ordered.

I'm going to be showing off some iPad apps, and wanted to project it so people wouldn't have to crowd around me.

I'm using the regular SD composite cables that I got for my original iphone. So far everything seems to work ok. As Adam30k said, you can only output movies, slide shows and stuff like that (on the ipad 1). However, if you jailbreak it, there is an app that will let you mirror the display to a TV

Yep iPad 2 will mirror everything. There is also wireless mirroring to look forward to in iOS 5. (Some jailbreakers will probably tell me you can already do that if you jailbreak plus it will know how you like your coffee..)

Back