iPad Sold Out on Launch Day.

Robert_Whited

[H] News Editor
I know it may be hard to believe, yet at the same time this news is closer to reality than hype. The Apple iPad has had pre-order success. This is in no way a surprise to most Apple gadget freaks.

This shouldn't come as much of a surprise for Apple enthusiasts: The various incarnations of the iPhone suffered a similar launch day fate. So much so, in fact, that Apple itself even released an application that checked Apple stores for available stock during the launch of the iPhone 3GS.

It's new and shiny, no surprise to me and I'm not an Apple fan. The question will be what people think about it in time. I think there's a big question mark there.

If Lady Gaga smeared her CDs with her shit, her fans will be more likely to buy them, despite how shitty they maybe.

It's the same idea with Apple products, except the shit is from Steve Jobs.

How you seen Steve jobs lately? Jesus, Cancer really took a toll on the guy. I did a google search(images) on him and I could not believe how trendy and Long haired playboy he use to be in 95 and now an old man lucky enough to not be using a cane. Interesting

If Lady Gaga smeared her CDs with her shit, her fans will be more likely to buy them, despite how shitty they maybe.

It's the same idea with Apple products, except the shit is from Steve Jobs.

I LOVE the Lady but not that much. I THOUGHT I was fan.

I said it before, this thing is going to be a HUGE success for apple.

I can't wait to mess around with one

I wonder how many of these will go on youtube with some sort of weapon next to it :D

The irony on HateAAPL never stops, the haters coming in like lemmings to accuse those who buy Apple products of being lemmings. :rolleyes:

Man, Apple users are so lucky they have such cool products. I want an iPad so badly so I can do stuff on it. Does buying one make me a member of Fashionable Apple Gadgets?

I own a macbook pro (that was too expensive) and I still think the Ipad is a huge piece of crap.

The irony on HateAAPL never stops, the haters coming in like lemmings to accuse those who buy Apple products of being lemmings. :rolleyes:

Why don't you find something better to do? 6 out of the last 10 of your posts have been bitching about people bitching about Apple. :rolleyes:

I'd get one if I could afford one, but I am poor.

Maybe now people will wait for the HP pad instead. It has flash!

dumb people buy apple products.
smart people buy apple stocks.
and everyone is happy.

Perhaps part of the reason people are getting the iPad is similar to this..

Dave MaThews (Inventor, Tech Journalist.. not the singer who has 2 Ts in his name) on March 24's CrankyGeeks.com podcast (episode 211) said:

"There will be no iPad in my future. I am actually excited about the data plan where it's a no-contract Micro-SIM. I'm already working on hacking that Micro-SIM to work into my iPhone. And for $29 a month, I'll have a no-contract data feed into my iPhone"

Dave explains more about this later:

"The only reason I might actually buy one is the new SIM. I'll buy it and I'll take the SIM out. I have an iPhone that I don't want to do voice on. And I am buying prepaid, the GO phone service. And GO phone use to allow unlimited data for $19 a month. But then they went to the 3G iPhone, they put a 100MB limit on that $19 a month plan. I chew that up in an afternoon. So with the iPad, they are going to have a $29 unlimited data plan. So most of these data plans, on Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc. have a 5 Gig limit. But the iPad uses this new Micro-SIM, it's 50% smaller than the existing SIM. And they are going to allow you to activate this data plan only on the iPad itself. So I think what I am going to have to do is activate it on a device, and immediate put that device upon eBay, taking the SIM and placing it into a special carrier that I am going to have to build to fit inside my iPhone. And then maybe I will put it inside my other phones as well. I want data. I need ubiquitous, geo-connectivity." (my written translation from the podcast)

pickleddave.jpg

haha proberbly only made 1000, my wife cant understand why they bothered.. the iphone is more usefull than that pos...no multitasking ??? i mean dang idiot jobs.. pcs/laptops and phones been doing that for several years now...i've been doing that for near o 14 years now..

It's new and shiny, no surprise to me and I'm not an Apple fan. The question will be what people think about it in time. I think there's a big question mark there.

Absolutely agree... it's basically an iClone Jumbo, and doesn't do much of anything better than existing tablets did.

is it true you can't write on the iPad with a stylus? and that it uses the iPhone OS?

No, not like an electromagnetic resonance pen than you find in most Tablet PCs. You will be able to use a capacitive stick pen and there are apps that have primitive handwriting recognition but once again, just nothing like Tablet PC's have had for years.

And yes, is the iPhone OS obviously designed for a bigger screen. That's about it. It brings nothing new to the table other than mixed hype but that said it is still the heralded large screen tablet device ever, at least at launch so there are people trying to leverage that.

But there are already FAR more power and capable touch screen devices and the HP Slate to me will be the one that a lot of people will like because its Windows. I know alot of people think that Windows isn't the OS for this platform, but I think it's pretty damn solid overall for touch. Web browsing with touch with Windows 7 is be a MUCH smoother experience for most folks because of Flash support.

But there are already FAR more power and capable touch screen devices and the HP Slate to me will be the one that a lot of people will like because its Windows. I know alot of people think that Windows isn't the OS for this platform, but I think it's pretty damn solid overall for touch. Web browsing with touch with Windows 7 is be a MUCH smoother experience for most folks because of Flash support.

+1.

I see at least 50% of these ending up on eBay with huge markups.

yup, I wouldn't doubt at all if that is what is going to happen. it will be just like with the PS3, they sold out at launch but only because a large percentage of the people bought them to sell on ebay at some crazy price. Then they found that nobody would buy them as everyone that was trying to find them at stores all had the same idea of trying to sell them online and did not actually want to own one so the price on ebay tanked down to the store price with nobody selling them. Soon everyone started taking them back to the stores to get their money back once they realized they were not a cash cow like they had dreamed.

i could see the same happening here, most people buying and iPad thinking that everyone is going to want one so they will be able to buy it and sell it for 2 or 3 times what they paid for it, only to find out they are wrong.

Back