iPad Pro 12" - Who has one?

SSpiro

Limp Gawd
Who has one, and what are your thoughts now that you've had one for a while?

Looking to replace my ipad 2, and a laptop with this. Trying to decide between the 10", 12" or possibly a Dell or HP detachable.

Really like the big pro, but concerned it's TOO big.

What do you do with your iPad and laptop? If you're looking at Windows 2 in 1 devices you want have nearly the richness of the iOS tablet ecosystem in Windows 10 but I think that a convertible would be a much better productivity device. As for the screen size, I have a Surface Book and it's a pretty large tablet when detached and it's actually pretty cool for some activities, especially for writing but I use it like they a very small percentage of the time.

I have one. It is quite large, but I've gotten used to handling it. I got the Pencil and the Apple Keyboard cover also. I don't think it would replace a laptop, but it's close if you have the right apps. The keyboard cover lacks backlit keys, and is a bit loose, as in it flops around a bit when used as a cover. The cover also has no "official" low-angle mode, it's intended to be in either high-angle keyboard mode or flat. There is an unofficial way to make it sit at a low angle but it's a little flimsy. The stereo speakers are functional, I use it as a TuneIn player when I'm at my desk.

I only got it cuz my iPad 4th gen was getting old, and I managed to score this fairly cheap on eBay. The Pencil and Keyboard tho, I bought new. I use it for web, IRC, and some apps when I'm elsewhere in my house.

Sadly, soon after I got it, my work 'gave' me a loaded 12" MacBook (which I posted about), and I'm currently enthralled with that so the poor iPad is a bit neglected.

Its a neat device. Very large in day to day usage. It does not do anything different than a normal iPad though, so for me far from a laptop replacement.

If you want crazy small and laptop type functionality, the 12" MacBook is crazy good. It is smaller than the iPad pro and more capable by far for normal "laptopy" things.

I use my iPad Pro around the house mostly and my 12" MacBook goes everywhere with me.

I would LOVE the MacBook 12".. But its just too far out of budget right now. True dream machine though for sure. I miss my old MBP.

i went from an Ipad 2 to an ipad pro, the difference in speed is phenomenal.
that aside, it did feel almost too big to use for general web surfing or games but got used to it.

Back