iPad Mini Line Standers Should Be Punched In The Throat

Not something we don't already know, but who still hires Jimmy Kimmel? I didn't know he had a show. How much crap can he spew out?

An ipad is a PHENOMENAL comms tool. What better thing to have in a crisis then strong comms.. I really grow tired of the constant 'anything Apple is obviously only a shiny toy and no one could possibly ever leverage one to do real things in the world."

An ipad is a PHENOMENAL comms tool. What better thing to have in a crisis then strong comms.. I really grow tired of the constant 'anything Apple is obviously only a shiny toy and no one could possibly ever leverage one to do real things in the world."

i think the point is that annual iterations of apple gadgets are the waste of time, money and natural resources. and if someone thinks the latest and greatest toy is a must-have, then just order it and pick it up when it arrives or have it delivered. if you stand in a line for uncounted hours so that you can be the first in line when the store opens is truly a sign of retardation.

Half the people standing in line plan on reselling them when news of the shortage comes out over the weekend for enough profit to offset the day off work.

I wanted to stand in line for the shuffle 2 but it was already out so I just ordered it online.:rolleyes:

But I did stand inline for the Apple Charger, the whole two people in front of me at the register buying TVs at Best Buy. Kind of felt like a sheep for the 2 minutes there.:p

easy for him to yell at people when he's in a nice comfy studio on the other side of the country.

Did you even watch the video?

Jimmy Kimmel is commenting on the people standing out in line for an iPad mini while that Hurricane and subsequent storm just wiped out power and caused devastation in the north east USA (Kimmel's show is out of NYC) deserves to be punched in the throat. He goes on to say that if they had that much time on their hands they should be volunteering and helping the victims of the storm.

Furthermore, how the hell could that device be a phenomenal comms tool when half the area is without power? Most of Manhattan lost power as soon as that storm hit.

I'm sure your WiFi connection works great when the power is out.....

You'd be better off with a cell phone or a wire land-line phone.

Jimmy Kimmel is commenting on the people standing out in line for an iPad mini while that Hurricane and subsequent storm
He's commenting on the idea that people are waiting in line, whether or not there are actually people waiting in line.
(Kimmel's show is out of NYC)
You sure about that? I thought it was filmed in Hollywood.

deserves to be punched in the throat.
If I'm mistaken of the above, and it is done in NYC, Jimmy Kimmel and every audience member there should be punched in the throat for being a bunch of hypocritical fucks.

Loved the fake Ad also!

I am really looking forward to the Nexus 7 which comes with 32GB and can be used as a phone. I am so tired of my big fingers typing the wrong words on my little Android phone!

Oh yeah, and I don;t care if I look like a dick standing talking into my 7" device :D

Far more than half of my calls are on speaker or a headset. A 7" phone doesn't sound that crazy to me.

Any company that can generate as much consumer interest as Apple does is a wonderful thing. These people buying the "latest and greatest" is what keeps an economy going. It's how money gets recycled. Our current form of society can't function when people don't buy stuff. Materialism, as its negatively called, is what has fueled our country for over 100 years.

The fact that a company can consistently move so much product at the prices that they charge is amazing. Regardless of the who their name is.

And New York City is such a epicenter of the world BECAUSE of people spending money like this. New York City is built on finance, industry & shipping.

Materialism in and of itself is fine. It's the associated symptoms that go unchecked that become a problem.

well he said NY and NJ, which is true, they need to go to home depot and get ready for second sandy in furure.

Did you even watch the video?

Jimmy Kimmel is commenting on the people standing out in line for an iPad mini while that Hurricane and subsequent storm just wiped out power and caused devastation in the north east USA (Kimmel's show is out of NYC) deserves to be punched in the throat. He goes on to say that if they had that much time on their hands they should be volunteering and helping the victims of the storm.

Furthermore, how the hell could that device be a phenomenal comms tool when half the area is without power? Most of Manhattan lost power as soon as that storm hit.
Not to mention the fact that most internet access and a lot of cell sites were down in the NYC area.

And how to you plan to use the iPad as a communications tool with no internet access?

And how to you plan to use the iPad as a communications tool with no internet access?
NYC/NJ aren't stuck in the last century; they have plenty of public wi-fi hotspots with power for people who need internet.

Any company that can generate as much consumer interest as Apple does is a wonderful thing. These people buying the "latest and greatest" is what keeps an economy going. It's how money gets recycled. Our current form of society can't function when people don't buy stuff. Materialism, as its negatively called, is what has fueled our country for over 100 years.

For it to be "recycled" that money has to go back out into the economy. Apple is putting a comparatively tiny percentage of their money back into the US. Having a $80billion stockpile of cash+assets isn't helping anyone but themselves.

For it to be "recycled" that money has to go back out into the economy. Apple is putting a comparatively tiny percentage of their money back into the US. Having a $80billion stockpile of cash+assets isn't helping anyone but themselves.

They pay >20% income tax on US earnings. That was near 8 Billion during the last fiscal year.

That is 8 Billion that benefits everyone.

Apple currently also has an annualized dividend rate of about $10, and has over 900 Million shares, that is another ~9 Billion that flows to shareholders.

That is ~17 Billion flowing back into the US annually, not sitting in the cash hoard.

i think the point is that annual iterations of apple gadgets are the waste of time, money and natural resources. and if someone thinks the latest and greatest toy is a must-have, then just order it and pick it up when it arrives or have it delivered. if you stand in a line for uncounted hours so that you can be the first in line when the store opens is truly a sign of retardation.

+1. Standing in line for hours. ROFL!

Going to stores is so outdated and archaic. I think food is about the only thing I go to a store for. Talking on the phone is the same. I like texting so i can answer when I feel like!

I dont eve like apple, but I'm pretty sure that what I do with my time is up to me. I guess we should all never do anything that we want to do because we could be out volunteering. anyone that played a video game, watched a tv show or movie, played golf, went out for drinks with friends, or any other activity for fun should be ashamed of themselves, after all... somebody... Somewhere is suffering and you could be volunteering instead. Let's all never do anything for fun and volunteer for others 24/7, only then will you be deemed a worthwhile human.

I dont eve like apple, but I'm pretty sure that what I do with my time is up to me. I guess we should all never do anything that we want to do because we could be out volunteering. anyone that played a video game, watched a tv show or movie, played golf, went out for drinks with friends, or any other activity for fun should be ashamed of themselves, after all... somebody... Somewhere is suffering and you could be volunteering instead. Let's all never do anything for fun and volunteer for others 24/7, only then will you be deemed a worthwhile human.

I think its meant more towards actually standing in line(for something you can order or wait and not stand in line). If some people love to stand in line I guess this thread is done.

Are you saying you could stand in line for hours or watch a movie, go out with friends and it would be just as fun?

Back