Ipad Mini 4 - 274.99 Best Buy

Yes that was the Black Friday price. Good price for 128GB, plenty of media consumption capability. The only issue is the Mini 4 is slightly larger then the previous 3 models so it wont fit any of the old cases of which there was a zillion to choose from.

A8 chip with 2GB of ram is a hard pass for me. This thing is probably already in its final year of decent performance. I expect iOS 12 to run like garbage on it next year.

Damn, tempted. I'd like an iPad mini (the normal size is larger than I like in a tablet) but I've held off on one hoping for v5 to be a significant upgrade. IIRC the specs on the mini fall reasonably far behind the other iPad lines - or is that inaccurate?

Argh, I want one... but I just decided to splurge on a 1070 Ti instead of a 1060 or RX 580... and I don't need a tablet.

This intrigues me to I have to admit. Thing is every time I think about getting an iPad I think to myself when I would use that I use my phone just as easy. If I'm watching TV and lay ok ng on the couch I use my iPhone X. Very easy to one hand and lay down at the same time. A bigger device harder to handle in that same situation. So I sit up? Ehh no. Ok let's say I do find a comfortable way to use it. Then what? My phone sits idle? Just always seemed so redundant to me. Like I want one but why? Lol it serves no practical purpose. I use my phone in those situations. I just can't justify it. As nice as they are and fan the iPad pro 120hz I played with in the Apple store is fucking nice. But not 800.00 nice nah. Pass.

I have a Zagg slimbook keyboard case on my Mini and it’s a great little laptop alternative that fits in my back jean pocket. Has a solid hinge and backlit keyboard. Brydge makes a hinged case as well.

This is a great little device. I had an iPad Air for several years until my son broke it. I bought this for something in the range of $299 from BBY a few months ago. Great replacement with lots of memory (upgrades suck with 16GB) at a cheap price. This model has been thought to have been discontinued by Apple so it goes on sale at BBY often. I am not sure these have been discontinued. BBY seems to be getting shipments.

Price just changed from $275 and available, to $400 and sold out while I was looking at it just now.

The only issue is the Mini 4 is slightly larger then the previous 3 models so it wont fit any of the old cases of which there was a zillion to choose from.
That's odd. I upgraded my daughter from an original Mini to a Mini 4 some time ago and it not only fits in the same case, but is loose inside it.

That's odd. I upgraded my daughter from an original Mini to a Mini 4 some time ago and it not only fits in the same case, but is loose inside it.

Just slightly taller (thinner though). The Mini 1,2,3 were all the same. Probably wouldn't matter for pliable materials like foam or silicon. But is an issue for the hard cases (like my keyboard case). But thats good that you can confirm some cases will still fit.

iPad mini 2 tech specs
  • Dimensions: 200 x 134.7 x 7.5 mm
  • Weight: 331 g (Wi-Fi), 341 g (Wi-Fi & Cellular)
  • Display: 7.9 inches
iPad mini 4 tech specs
  • Dimensions: 203.2 x 134.8 x 6.1 mm
  • Weight: 299 g (Wi-Fi) / 304 g (Wi-Fi & Cellular)
  • Display: 7.9 inches

My wife refuses to let me buy her one of these despite her constantly hogging my iPad.

Back