iPad Keynote in Less Than 180 Seconds

HardOCP News

[H] News
Check out this amazing, beautiful, magical, gorgeous, phenomenal, incredibly exciting video. Part of me doesn't want to laugh at this but, since I like being a dick when it comes to poking fun at Apple, I posted it so you can laugh too. :D

so far. biggest let down of apple products. not a fanboy. not a hater. just let down.

So that's what an Apple press conference looks like through the eyes of an iZombie. Interesting, sad, but interesting.

Looks like he kept the video in chronological order. Makes it even more impressive haha.

More like useless, pointless, unusable, terrible, bad, poor, horrible, ugly, shitty, way worse than a laptop, awful, hideous... someone continue please.

More like useless, pointless, unusable, terrible, bad, poor, horrible, ugly, shitty, way worse than a laptop, awful, hideous... someone continue please.

fanboys and upper class will be shelling at the money to buy this thing, and thats all Mac cares about. LOL. Gotta <3 the oversized Ipod

I thought of a use for the iPad. I built a movie database of ~300 movies, and it would be handy to have an iPad that guests could just browse through without having a bulky laptop to worry about.

I'm sure there are enough mainstream users with the same specific need... right?

I thought of a use for the iPad. I built a movie database of ~300 movies, and it would be handy to have an iPad that guests could just browse through without having a bulky laptop to worry about.

I'm sure there are enough mainstream users with the same specific need... right?

Are you nuts? $500 for displaying a movie database display? I would rather hand write out all 300 titles then spen $500 on a display.

Or the far better use is as a hard surface to write on.

Can be done on a phone pretty much just as well. Or a netbook. A little heavier, but a keyboard and cheaper.

There simply isn't anything that can't be done on an iPad that hasn't been done before and usually for less.

Plus I think that for most people, Windows 7 slates will be more intresting in that they will have FAR more options and TONS of free software. Not to mention Flash support.

Especially if you have an iPhone already, what does this get you? A bigger display. Not worth $500 for most iPhoners would be my guess.

Wow...just wow. I've always wondered what Steve's speeches sound like through the ears of an iCult member. Now I know and that certainly explains a lot.

surprised this one didnt show up in his speech, its MIND BLOWING, just MIND BLOWING!

In that case i guess you have a HTPC, right ? And if you have a HTPC, you probably have XBMC on it, right ?

iPhone app - http://www.collect3.com.au/xbmc-remote/
Android app - http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=375422#post375422

Do you really iPad for browsing your movie database and starting the movie on your HTPC ? I don't think so.

In that case i guess you have a HTPC, right ? And if you have a HTPC, you probably have XBMC on it, right ?

iPhone app - http://www.collect3.com.au/xbmc-remote/
Android app - http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=375422#post375422

Do you really iPad for browsing your movie database and starting the movie on your HTPC ? I don't think so.

Nobody "needs" anything, but how cool would it be to have a bigger screen for a better interface than you'd get on a smartphone? Pretty cool I think. Its been said in the forums many times but the iPad would be the ultimate home theater and home control and security device, and WAY cheaper and more functional than similar products by companies like Crestron.

Nobody "needs" anything, but how cool would it be to have a bigger screen for a better interface than you'd get on a smartphone? Pretty cool I think. Its been said in the forums many times but the iPad would be the ultimate home theater and home control and security device, and WAY cheaper and more functional than similar products by companies like Crestron.

Actually this is a good use for this type of device. But I think an x86 based slate, be it Windows 7 (my choice) or Linux would be MUCH better. No need to jailbreak or have to go through Apple.

However $500 is a lot of money for a remote with TV's cost that much now. At $200 its a different story.

This saved me so much time! I enjoy watching key notes, but have never been able to sit through an entire apple key notes speech, for this exact reason.

GREAT

That's Apple's amazing, phenomenon, great and possibly even better marketing at work. By the end of the keynote everyone walks away thinking it was all those things and more, even if they tend to forget what "it" was in the first place. Gotta love it... :)

Actually this is a good use for this type of device. But I think an x86 based slate, be it Windows 7 (my choice) or Linux would be MUCH better. No need to jailbreak or have to go through Apple.

However $500 is a lot of money for a remote with TV's cost that much now. At $200 its a different story.

Crestron and companies that specialize in systems for home theater, security, and home automation control cost a hell of a lot more than $500. Objectively, yeah, $500 is a lot, but considering that the iPad can do way more than that and that specialized hardware/software that is made only for that one single purpose costs more than $500, it isn't so bad.

And if $200 is more your speed then there's always the iPod Touch. You're sacrificing on the screen size (useful for things like monitoring security cameras) but you're getting that functionality.

Back