ipad 3 must haves

jflail2

Gawd
So I just picked up an ipad 3; my first foray into the world of Apple. I'm very pleased so far, as the retina display is just amazing, and the overall functionality is silky smooth.

I've just picked up the MoKo Slim-Fit Folio Stand Case, and also the HDMI adapter so I can run it to my TV or the TV in a hotel room.

So what else do I need for this badboy? Anything else that is highly recommended/ a must have in regards to accessories?

Also, are there any Apps you absolutely cannot live without?

Bottom line, I want to make sure I've got everything I'd need to make my ipad experience as complete and enjoyable as possible.

Splashtop, Mobile Mouse, and commander (for xbmc) are must have apps for me.

Consider an AirStash or a Seagate Goflex. I prefer the Airstash, but you can't beat all that raw space on the Goflex.

AVPlayerHD.
GoodReader.
Kindle
Dropbox.

I have not found a TV on the hotel whose HDMI input worked. Maybe I just have bad luck. :(

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You might want to pick up an Apple TV if you are in to Netflix and video in general. For $100 you can wirelessly stream your audio/video to whichever TV and sound system it is connected to. It's also good for parties because if many if your friends have iPhones they can send their music to the Apple TV instantly as well.

So I just picked up an ipad 3; my first foray into the world of Apple. I'm very pleased so far, as the retina display is just amazing, and the overall functionality is silky smooth.

I've just picked up the MoKo Slim-Fit Folio Stand Case, and also the HDMI adapter so I can run it to my TV or the TV in a hotel room.

So what else do I need for this badboy? Anything else that is highly recommended/ a must have in regards to accessories?

Also, are there any Apps you absolutely cannot live without?

Bottom line, I want to make sure I've got everything I'd need to make my ipad experience as complete and enjoyable as possible.

Camera kits are pretty cool, Video Cables for connecting to a TV are great fun and what I consider a must for all my Apple purchases is the apple Care Plus since it covers accidental damage and I've dropped my fair share of products and repair costs are absurdly high.

-Plants vs Zombies
-NetFlix
-AirVideo
-Air Display
-Wunderlist
-Dropbox
-Kindle
-Spotify

Flipboard is probably my favorite app. I enjoy reading RSS feeds way more on my iPad than on my Mac as a result.
I also use iBooks and GoodReader a lot.

I'm on Gen3 and it's my second iPad. For video, I like VLC so I can watch most video types. It sounds like you travel so I would recommend Dropbox for sharing files/info from a PC/Mac. I also like iPhoto for messing with my photos while I travel. I bought the SD card/dongle so I could offload pictures. I don't like typing long messages on the ipad (especially emails and such while traveling) so I bought the Apple wireless keyboard and a Wingstand. Those two combined with the ipad give you a decent word processor. For reading, I prefer the Kindle app to iBooks. I find it syncs better across more devices and I prefer its sepia tone.

Other apps are more about personal preference.

I have an app called StreamToMe, it plays any video stored on my computer to my iPad.
I was at my sisters apartment the other night watching Ancient Aliens in HD and 2 Broke Girls being streamed from my house to my iPad and then AirPlayed to her Apple TV3 then onto her 58" Samsung Plasma.
No lag, no pausing or buffering during playback, and incredible image quality.

Back