IP35 Pro in BTX case - Heatpipes = no dice?

Dephcon

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey,

I'm looking to pull the trigger on some new stuff very soon (few days) since I apparently got my supplier to get a few more Lian-Li PC-A05b's in stock (3 units) so i need to figure out my config FAST.

My only concern is the heat pipes on the IP35 Pro. Will they not cool as effectively being upside down? Would i be better off with the E version instead of the Pro? My only reason for getting the Pro is the sideways sata ports for better cable management, uguru and the extra x16 pci-e in case i get a 3870 and the slim change i'll do crossfire later on.

Thanks

Big debate, most say will work fine and lots of heatpipe boards installed upside down and no reports of them bursting into flames. The heatpipes should work either way. To repeat myself, some people go crazy over this issue, but I have yet to see a post of "I installed my board upside down and the heatpipes do not seem to be working". Glue a small fan on the MCH/NB part of the heatpipe assembly and remove any doubt.

do the heat pipes even really make a difference? I'm considering the E version now due to the price diffrence

Back