IP Resolving issue

tgray96

[H]ard|Gawd
OK, so i have a noIp domain, and a subdomain on my site redirected to the no-ip, both domaim/subdomain will take you to the port 80 apache hosted html page
twpclan.zapto.org
ts.twpclan.com

But i have several items that need to be accessed through multiple ports,
and a couple other pages
public_html/ts
public_html/webalizer

That i cannot view via these domains, but if you go to my ip
It works, where should I start?
All ports are forwarded

I think we need a clearer description of the problem. Near as I can tell, you have two domain names ( listed ), both pointing to the same ipaddress. Correct so far? Then you have services running on several different ports ( again, listed ). Correct? And you have a couple pages on this single web server, right?

Assuming the above is correct, what exactly is the behavior are you working towards?

I think we need a clearer description of the problem. Near as I can tell, you have two domain names ( listed ), both pointing to the same ipaddress. Correct so far? Then you have services running on several different ports ( again, listed ). Correct? And you have a couple pages on this single web server, right?
Correct, the *.zapto.org is pointed to my dynamic ip, and the *.twpclan.com is pointed to the *.zapto.org domain. Yes, there are multiple services hosted on several different ports, listed, and a couple different pages.
Assuming the above is correct, what exactly is the behavior are you working towards?

Fix www.twpclan.zapto.org to point to the correct IP address (currently resolving to 67.215.65.132) or remove your html references to www.twpclan.zapto.org

net.png

tgray - I think you missed my point.

Your html files refer to everything with an added www. in front like "http://www.twpclan.zapto.org:8080/". You need to either create a DNS record for www.twpclan.zapto.org or just fix your html links by removing the www.

[16:02][klank@prometheus:10:~]$ host www.twpclan.zapto.org
www.twpclan.zapto.org has address 67.215.65.132
Host www.twpclan.zapto.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
[16:08][klank@prometheus:11:~]$

[16:08][klank@prometheus:11:~]$ host twpclan.zapto.org
twpclan.zapto.org has address 74.5.129.178
[16:11][klank@prometheus:12:~]$

tgray - I think you missed my point.

Your html files refer to everything with an added www. in front like "http://www.twpclan.zapto.org:8080/". You need to either create a DNS record for www.twpclan.zapto.org or just fix your html links by removing the www.

[16:02][klank@prometheus:10:~]$ host www.twpclan.zapto.org
www.twpclan.zapto.org has address 67.215.65.132
Host www.twpclan.zapto.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
[16:08][klank@prometheus:11:~]$

[16:08][klank@prometheus:11:~]$ host twpclan.zapto.org
twpclan.zapto.org has address 74.5.129.178
[16:11][klank@prometheus:12:~]$
I got it, lol, i was on my other connection checking it out.

Thank you!

You need to fix your DNS records. WWW should point to your IP address as well as the @ record. OR if you want to leave it the way it is, the links on your site, you need to drop the www since you're www record is wrong.

In no-ip modify your domain twpclan.zapto,org and put a checkmark in "Enable Wildcard" then update.

This will allow anything before twpclan.zapto,org to resolve to your ip address. (ex. www.twpclan.zapto.org, ftp.twpclan.zapto.org, bob.twpclan.zapto.org)

Back