iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder $17 with Prime

Trying to decide if I want to get this or the $40 version with Qi built in. I could also buy a $5 charging base, tear it apart and tape the coil to this thing... Hmm.

I have the Qi version of this...works great. It even charges through the Otterbox Commuter on my G4.

Wow, the wireless charging version is only $40 now! Its always worth to get the wireless charging version if you have an Android based phone that actually allows you to open up the battery cover to install a coil.

iPhones and other newer phones however, are being lame about it. Luckily the S6 has built in wireless charging, but a lot of other "sealed closed" phones didn't integrate wireless charging as stock feature.

I bought the wireless charging version 7 months ago for $55 and its been worth it.

There are very few to practically NO OTHER car mount chargers that have a design as good as iOttie. Everything else is JUNK.

I have it on my windshield right underneath the mirror, works great. It's a bit difficult to take off but I had to move it once and it was fine...the sticky pad/suction thing still works great and didn't leave any marks on my windshield.

EDIT: Looking at those dash pics...damn...I guess don't put this thing on your dash. The "sticky gel" is indeed pretty strong, coupled with the suction effect as well.

There is a review where the guy said this holder kept his phone secured during a rollover crash. He even included a photo of his wrecked truck with the product visible... priceless.

I've been needing a new mount after the Houston summer heat killed my last one last year. Been living without since around September just because I keep forgetting to order something. Of course, my dash will be replaced in the next month or so under warranty, so I may wait to install it until then...

Back