ION Fury

I really wanted to play this, but the second they started bending the knee to those SJW freaks, I bailed. Not doing it anymore. They've made every attempt to ruin what's left of good games and franchises. They could genocide the entire lot of them and I'd be the first one singing hallelujah outside.

It's a shame, because the game looks really good.

I really wanted to play this, but the second they started bending the knee to those SJW freaks, I bailed. Not doing it anymore. They've made every attempt to ruin what's left of good games and franchises. They could genocide the entire lot of them and I'd be the first one singing hallelujah outside.

I hear what you're saying, but after looking into what was actually changed I think it was only one very minor change that doesn't really affect anything. If the controversy surrounding it hadn't gotten any press / social media buzz, you probably would never have known that anything had been changed. Honestly I wouldn't let that keep you from enjoying this game because it is damn good and not playing it for that reason is kinda doing yourself a disservice.

Also, definitely check out DUSK and Amid Evil if you like old school shooters. Amid Evil is excellent and DUSK was amazing. They're both worth $20 but sometimes you can pick them up for 40% off and at that price they're a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

I hear what you're saying, but after looking into what was actually changed I think it was only one very minor change that doesn't really affect anything. If the controversy surrounding it hadn't gotten any press / social media buzz, you probably would never have known that anything had been changed. Honestly I wouldn't let that keep you from enjoying this game because it is damn good and not playing it for that reason is kinda doing yourself a disservice.

Also, definitely check out DUSK and Amid Evil if you like old school shooters. Amid Evil is excellent and DUSK was amazing. They're both worth $20 but sometimes you can pick them up for 40% off and at that price they're a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

I get that, but the fact that they caved a single inch infuriates me. There was no reason for it, and that just shows that they'll censor themselves in the future.

I get that, but the fact that they caved a single inch infuriates me. There was no reason for it, and that just shows that they'll censor themselves in the future.
They made barely any change. It's lame, yes. However, this game is so good they deserve the money. Even if it's just for the autist-level craftsmanship of some of the levels in BUILD.

I still don't know what was actually changed if anything.

If they removed some poor taste homophobic jokes it's probably for the better.

I still don't know what was actually changed if anything.

If they removed some poor taste homophobic jokes it's probably for the better.

Strange that the game is literally modeled exactly after the Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, and Blood games of the 90s, which were FULL of jokes like those.

Strange that the game is literally modeled exactly after the Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, and Blood games of the 90s, which were FULL of jokes like those.
The people who complained about it largely wouldn't be touching a classic shooter like this anyways.

Taiwanese game Devotion had a joke making fun of The People's Leader.

Steam pulled the game from sale. The devs removed the joke from the game.

Even after the joke was removed both Steam and GOG refused to sell the game. GOG was initially going to do it, but received backlash from Chinese gamers.

Are you boycotting Steam and GOG as well?

In case you missed it:
https://archive.fo/8kcuL
1627224497647.png

https://steamcommunity.com/games/562860/announcements/detail/1616150570017627014
1627224486151.png

They un-censored it.

Even worse, for me. They had no backbone to stand up to a bunch of screaming nutjobs, and they had no backbone to stand up for their censorship. I understand it was one dumb thing in the game, but that should be even more of a reason to ignore a few cries from hysterical lunatics.

Basically, they designed a game for old school gamers, attempted to censor some dumb item in the game to appease a group of people that was never going to buy their game anyway, and then reversed their decision to keep the money rolling in. It's so stupid it makes my head spin. All this could have been avoided by the use of one word. "No". Don't play the stupid SJW game, and you won't get burnt.

Even worse, for me. They had no backbone to stand up to a bunch of screaming nutjobs, and they had no backbone to stand up for their censorship. I understand it was one dumb thing in the game, but that should be even more of a reason to ignore a few cries from hysterical lunatics.

Basically, they designed a game for old school gamers, attempted to censor some dumb item in the game to appease a group of people that was never going to buy their game anyway, and then reversed their decision to keep the money rolling in. It's so stupid it makes my head spin. All this could have been avoided by the use of one word. "No". Don't play the stupid SJW game, and you won't get burnt.
#CancelVoidpoint

Eh, I turned off auto-updates when they threatened censorship, and turned it back on some time after they relented. I had already spent my money. Doing the right thing is nearly impossible anymore on “the internet,” I at least give them credit for actually rethinking decisions. Doesn’t make the game any less good, really did seem stupid, all over a little sprite.

Aftershock offers a brand new Arrange mode. Whether playing for the first time or revisiting Ion Fury, choose Arrange mode to experience the original game but now enhanced with new enemies, weapons and more.

That's an awesome feature. I love playing through this game, so that will really solidify this as one of the great FPS's, IMO.

I still play the first one every year. It's one of the most solid BUILD engine shooters out there, and i'm still blown away at the level of complexity of some of the levels.

Also I like the Duke callouts/influence.

This seems like the Duke E3 game that never was.

Dev on the Steam forum made it a point that Aftershock is still being worked on, as they are a completely separate team from the one working on the sequel.

Back