Introducing the PaperPad!

starhawk

[H]F Junkie
Yes, this belongs here. This is sooooooo definitely art.

My best friend bought an iPad day-before-yesterday. I know an 8yr old with a Kindle Fire. Whadda I got? An ASUS netbook that's about to turn 3 :rolleyes: Ain't got the money to get anything better, either.

It makes me want to iPuke.

My inner 5yrold says that this isn't fair. My artist 3/4 (it's more than half!) says, "hey, it's cool, I've got it covered..." and thus was born the PaperPad. (I'd call it iPaper, but I'm pretty sure.I'd get iSued for using that letter.) The template (bottom of the post) is done in CorelDRAW X3, and the rest was worked out with a Bic Rollerball and a bunch of colored Sharpies (the ultra-fine ones). The big black border was done with a big black Prismacolor. Woulda done the whole thing in Prisma's but mine are basically dead.

The PaperPad is a DIY sorta-iPad. You print out the template, and draw/color however you want on it (try to keep it realistic though!). Then cut out a matching chunk o' cardboard, and glue/tape/whatever the two together. (I used double-stick Scotch on mine, and only on the edges to boot).

Here's mine (below). I was going fast, all of my markers are dying (well, some of 'em are already at the zombie stage), and so it came out rather at "ape with a crayon" level. Whatever. I'm not so hot with the coloring bit anyways (I never learned to shade!), so not much was lost.

Here's the template (PDF) --> http://www.datafilehost.com/download-307a159c.html

I'd love to see what you folks do with it...

Is there a pad of paper in there, so that you can flip up the colored cover and take notes underneath?

Back