Introducing the Moto Z2 Force

monkeymagick

[H]News
Say hello to the Moto Z2 Force, Motorola's new nearly indestructible flagship smartphone updated from last year's Moto Z Force. The Verge has a first look of the new flagship phone which boosts a Snapdragon 835, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. With a 5.5" Quad HD 1440p Super AMOLED display, the phone is built with Motorola's ShatterShield technology allowing it to withstand everyday falls without shattering or cracking. The phone has a dual-lens system featuring two 12-megapixel f/2.0 cameras and of course a 5.0 megapixel front-facing selfie camera. Out of the box, it runs off Android 7.1 and upgradeable to Android O once available.

Slated to be released on all major US carriers, the phone will go on sale on August 10th and available for pre-order right now.

...the Z2 Force is certainly expensive at around $720. It's priced even higher on some carriers like AT&T ($810). This version is much thinner than last year's phone, but that sleek design comes with a significant sacrifice in battery capacity; the Z2 Force has a 2,730mAh battery compared to the 3,500mAh battery in the old Moto Z Force

Last edited:
i think phone prices have gotten out of hand. I dont care what its got in it. And these companies EXPECT us all to buy a new one every year if not 2?

I have an original Z Force and love it. However, the screen does scratch easily since Shattershield is a plastic top layer. I have a tempered glass protector to compansate. Other than that one problem, the phone's been outstanding! It's very fast and I can go two days without plugging it into a charger.

My thoughts on the direction that Lenovo is taking Motorola on the Z² Force is split: I like the new features (dual lens camera and support for Android O), but they are money grabbing by lowering the battery life on the Z². They want people to buy battery expander Moto mods. I prefer having a protective case which negates all Moto Mods. The Z Force family is meant to be the flagship phone with the longest battery life, the largest battery, and the best processor. Looking at the specs, the Z² Play beats the Force in battery life, which I think is a huge mistake. More people will jump to the Play for battery life. I was already pissed when they released the original Play with longer battery life than the Force.

I specifically buy my phones based on battery life and stock Android experience. With that, I'll be keeping my Z Force for a while or I'll look at the Z² Play. I was looking forward to upgrading to a Z² Force, but it looks like I'm not going in that direction anymore.

Last edited:
The greatest potential of "dual cameras" on smart phones has been totally missed. That is 3D video and pix. With the rise of VR gear this is a perfect viewing medium for this.
For some reason the idea of nobody wants or likes 3D pix or video has been believed and it is total BS. Most people don't like a crappy implementation of 3D. But what is VR? The core of it is very refined 3D viewing.
You can't say "nobody cares about VR" can you? The only thing holding VR back from exploding as the must have tech is the high price tag.

I have an iPhone and am ready to go back to an android phone. That being said, I will not pay iPhone prices for a droid. If other manufactures want to compete with iPhone sales, they need to be about half the cost. iPhones are gimmicks.. but people buy them because its so widely used and accessories are commonplace. Plus when friends with androids message me it's green and I feel bad for them. (oh and its a APPLE). We have let these prices get out of hand by buying new phones every year at these prices. I, personally wait for a sale on my carrier to get one cheaper. There is no way someone with a Samsung or iPhone right now will see this phone or anything that's being advertised right now as an upgrade worthy of $700+. Unless you just have money to burn or HAVE TO HAVE the latest phone.

Back