Introducing The 1,000 MPH Bloodhound Supersonic Car

Can only imagine what the g-forces are like during that.

Only a little more then 2g's you really do NOT want super hard "sudden" acceleration... Slow and steady acceleration wins on land speed runs

I think I know who they will pick as the driver.

lAsNv2Vu0DvR8i67elmbHcXw8vU-copy-600x336.jpg

So they took the wings off a jet, added more wheels and stabilizers and drive it across the salt flats. Why dont they put that funds into super conductor magnetic trains and make supersonic land transit a reality for many people.

and the purpose of this is.........................yep, don't know.

Only a little more then 2g's you really do NOT want super hard "sudden" acceleration... Slow and steady acceleration wins on land speed runs

It's a lot more than that. The jet can only accelerate very slow at first, and has to make up time at higher speeds before they run out of land. There's a video around of him simulating it in a stunt plane.

There are some very cool videos that go into the major systems of building this, such as the skinning/body, the engine, the jet, the wheels. Look around on YouTube, I believe there are a few hours worth of cool engineering.

Well if it doesn't beat thrust II, at least it can take the record for fastest single jet engine land speed record.

seriously... there has to be a point where we stop calling these things "cars."

Why? It has wheels and moves along the ground so, by definition, it is a car.
Turbine Carriage, Supersonic Chariot, or Dynamo Wagon would also be acceptable. :p

Dictionary.com said:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/car

noun

1. an automobile.
2. a vehicle running on rails, as a streetcar or railroad car.
3. the part of an elevator, balloon, modern airship, etc., that carries the passengers, freight, etc.
4. British Dialect. any wheeled vehicle, as a farm cart or wagon.
5. Literary. a chariot, as of war or triumph.
6. Archaic. cart; carriage.

Merriam-Webster.com said:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/car
noun

1 a vehicle moving on wheels: as

a archaic : carriage, chariot
b : a vehicle designed to move on rails (as of a railroad)
c : automobile

2 the passenger compartment of an elevator

3 the part of an airship or balloon that carries the passengers and cargo

Back