Interview with Andrej Zdravkovic - Team Lead behind AMD's improved software support

Yakk

Supreme [H]ardness
Thought this was a very interesting interview on the behind the scenes operations at AMD in regards to the new Crimson drivers and the man behind AMD's global view on user experience with the FPS philosophy: Features, Performance, Stability.

Exclusive interview with AMD’s Andrej Zdravkovic

I focus on enablement, engagement, and goal-setting. We employ some of the best and brightest minds, so my idea was to set goals, remove obstacles, and empower these people to do what they do best. This promotes an environment of people taking things into their own hands, but in a structured way. It also requires each team member to believe they are accomplishing something that is larger than themselves or any single person.

This paragraph caught my attention; in a work environment, this is something I value greatly.

I never really had many issues in my years running Crossfire and there will always be people running odd issues, but I have to say AMD have really been stepping up lately with their new Crimson interface and driver releases.

Amd has been doing great with the driver support lately, I've been running a 295x2 and before that an HD7990 and there's always a tradeoff when using/not using crossfire (or sli) but my personal experience is that it hasn't been anything negative and I'd really like to see AMD/ATI be competitive in the high end gpu market.

My Nano and Fury X are my first AMD cards ever. Crimson has been a pleasant experience coming from Nvidia.

I've been having issues with a few Crimson related changes. Mainly 4 vs higher bit chroma for my capable screen and finding a real overscan/under scan fix in w10.

Good interview, though.

For me personally they have really done excellent with their new priorities...the crimsons have been awesome in m book

Back