Internet stopped working on ThinkPad IBM

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
The internet stopped working on my IBM Thinkpad R40.

This is the message that pops up when I try to click on the icon that lets me pick which wireless connection to connect to:

Access Connection Main Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.​

Win XP, Sir. I don't know what happened, but for some reason I can't connect to the internet, it just freezes. I can't even click to see which networks are available.

Looks like either a repair install of XP or an upgrade to Win 7 is in order. I vote for Win 7.

I'd either uninstall IBM Access Connections...and let Windows handle it...or download the latest version of Access Connections from Lenovo's support site...(obviously from another computer).carry it over on a USB thumbdrive..and install it.

IBM Access Connections is just a network manager that IBM/Lenovo bundles with much of their pre-installed crap. No need to reinstall XP or anything that drastic.

Last edited:
YeOldeStonecat is right. I never install the Access Connection crap and it works just fine. In fact, the software does not support my school network so we have to uninstall it in order to use the Wifi lolz

Back