Internet->Router->Switch

memphis_1220

Limp Gawd
Hi.

My home network atm includes an ADSL connection split to 3 computers. Here is a diagram of the setup;

da4e547f.jpg

Could you tell me how I can share the printer with the computers?
Also, could someone give me a rundown of ip addresses of each machine, workgroups, whatever i need.

The Internet is working but I am unable to see other computers and share files.
One of the computers connected to the D-Link is Win ME and the other two are XP Pro.

Thanks
Mike

Run the Network Setup Wizard on the XP machines, and it will tell you what to do for the ME machine.

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Communications

I have already done this. It is still not recognising the computers. Is is because the switch is also a firewall? I have not found a way of disabling this :(

That could be it, i'm not sure. Are you running any software firewalls on the machines besides the Windows Firewall?

I run ZoneAlarm on each machine. But it is set to accept connections and sharing within the network. Im now very very stumped.

Thanks for you're help. I'll have a play around with it tomorrow.

Make sure file/printer sharing is turned on, and turn on sharing for the hard drives on each computer. Make sure they all have the same network name. Make sure netbios is installed too.

I usually forget to do one of those things.

slowbiz said:
Make sure they all have the same network name.

I forget this all the freakin time! The workgroup name! The workgroup name! ahhh :mad:

sorry anyway, yeah, check that too

Back