internet explorer 7 was worth the wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerade

Gawd
still in beta 2, but i can finaly ditch fire fox and have to never go back to that junk. Way to many small glitches in firefox for me (download manager will be missed for the most part) but w/e i suggest downloading ie 7 beta 2 and use it for a couple days.(takes a day to get ust to)

alot better then fire fox imo

still not ready for prime time and where are the hundreds of ext's for IE?
blah ill wait.

"Junk" is quite subjective.

Unless you want to start a flamewar, perhaps you could list what FireFox aspects you don't like.

You should give Opera a try, I don't believe I will ever go back to IE. Firefox for me was good too, but Opera just seemed to have more of the features I used than Firefox out of the box.

not really sure y the fire fox fan boys are trying to get me to switch back, kinda confusing

and how many extensions do u actualy use for firefox ?? ive only had 3 installed at most that i never used, if extensions are a selling point then i think we have greater issues to discuss here

powerade said:
if extensions are a selling point then i think we have greater issues to discuss here

You need to step into reality and realize functionality is everything in a browser. Extensions bring added functionality to Firefox, or User.js to Opera. Little things like "mousing" back or forward cannot be done with IE7 that I know of. Thats just one, although small, feature that many cannot live without.

i love how uve yet to try out ie 7 before u even attempt a failed argument over fire fox

for me i love companies that get volunteers to code their product for free then later turn into millionares

to say u cant get those useless extensions on ie is just laughable

powerade said:
i love how uve yet to try out ie 7 before u even attempt a failed argument over fire fox

for me i love companies that get volunteers to code their product for free then later turn into millionares

For your information, ive had IE7 since last year. If its got added functionality over Firefox OR Opera that im not seeing, PLEASE teach me. Since your such an expert, it should be fairly easy to construct a list of IE7 functions that perform the same action as these "useless extensions".

powerade said:
um guys, it's obvious that someone is trying to start a flame war. if he gets any more attention he wins. take a deep breath and walk away.

</thread>

PaHick said:
For your information, ive had IE7 since last year. If its got added functionality over Firefox OR Opera that im not seeing, PLEASE teach me. Since your such an expert, it should be fairly easy to construct a list of IE7 functions that perform the same action as these "useless extensions".

once again another person that doesnt do research before he attempts to flame, are u seriously that mad that most fire fox users are going back to ie ?

150 million ?? rotf

I was an IE person, then FF and then opera, but i found that Opera stalls on pages for lading them and i have to hit refresh

Iam now back on FF - since it seems 1.5* seems to have addressed alot of the previous bugs, so far so good.

I see no reason to go back to slow, memory hogging - spyware filled IE.

I know i will try IE 7 eventually, but come back once IE7 is final and let us know how many virus, spyware and ad ware you got - oh wait, you wont do that....

powerade said:
once again another person that doesnt do research before he attempts to flame, are u seriously that mad that most fire fox users are going back to ie ?

150 million ?? rotf

I personally do not care what browser anyone uses, and no flaming is coming from my part. You sir, are obviously here to start a flamewar like already stated above. If you really want to debate a topic, state some facts. If not, im sure this thread will be reported and closed.

Arguing over browsers is like arguing religion, you will never convince anyone to come over to your point of view. It's an individual decision. Start a flame war and I'll finish it for you ;)

Fact.

IE 7 is > IE 6

That much is true.

I dont know if I could argue anything else....

This thread will be locked soon but before it is...

I've not tried IE7. When I saw it on a friend's PC, the first thing I thought was "wow looks like Firefox." Which was enough for me not to even consider switching.

Extensions are key for me. I simply couldn't make it w/o mouse gestures. :p

There is no denying that Firefox is a great browser. IE7 is great as well; lots of new features to keep up in the browser war.

What I like about Firefox is that it is always evolving: new and improved extentions, features, etc. I'm using the alpha of Version 2 right now, and it's all that and a bag of potato chips.

IE is great for those pages that were designed for it and nothing else. With the new tabs and other small features, I may use it more often, I don't know. I'm still a FF whore. :)

powerade said:

150 million ?? rotf

How many people buy compaq and e-machines?
The majority of the public is either uneducated in the matter or just doesn't care...
All I know is, for every person I have introduced to firefox not ONE of them has decided to go back to IE.

"Useless extensions" haha you kiddies don't belong here.

Bugmenot, cookieculler, forecastfox, ad....blck... can't be that.

Besides, IE 7 beta just came out, Firefox and the rest... been out for a while. I've used it since it was called "Phoenix"

I remember a few threads back in the past in here about some joe schmoe noobs bashing on Firefox and they all fail to mention what features/parts about it that they didn't like. They ALWAYS came up empty handed. And here they are again recycling trollage....

powerade said:
but i can finaly ditch fire fox and have to never go back to that junk.

Firefox wasn't junk when you ditced IE the first time. And now that IE has some of the features that Firefox and many other browsers have had for a very long time now, you're going back to IE.

When Firefox has another revolutionary feature that IE doesn't are you ditching IE again?

I've used IE7 I don't think its anything special. It may work much better than IE6 but I think the interface sucks.

BTW: I have 14 extensions and 7 greasemonkey scripts. Extensions alone make Firefox better than IE for me.

PaHick said:
You need to step into reality and realize functionality is everything in a browser. Extensions bring added functionality to Firefox, or User.js to Opera. Little things like "mousing" back or forward cannot be done with IE7 that I know of. Thats just one, although small, feature that many cannot live without.

You need to step into reality or the nearest search engine.

http://www.ysgyfarnog.co.uk/utilities/mousegestures/

Mousegestures has been available for IE long before FF was even a twinkle in your download list.

The main reason for most folks using FireFox was because IE was stagnant and FF had tabbed browsing. Now that is not true. IE has tabbed browsing and is moving forward. Back when MS gave a shit about browsers, IE was the best hands down. Now it will be again. IE works. Plain and simple. No stupid shit with things like WMP plugin and stuff.

And if it weren't for IE7, I would still be using Opera 8.5. Another browser that is light years ahead of FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back