Internet Browsers

C|ip$3

Limp Gawd
What do you guys (and girls) think is the best overal Internet Browser is? And Why? I downloaded Opera the other day and in my opinion its the best overal browser Ive seen yet. I like the multi-tabs and mouse gestures are just plain awsome I think. I also downloaded FireFox last week or so and I found it was too slow loading pages, but thats just me.

Firefox. Without question. It stops popups, repels spyware, and is free of the weekly security flaws like IE. It loads fast, and its tabbed browsing helps you keep your sanity. Its look and feel is also clean and crisp. Its also open source and free.

Firefox, but only because it has tabbed browsing, and I don't need all the Mozilla extras. I would say IE if it had tabbed browsing. I don't care for all the bs such as pop-up blockers, etc. I don't get the whole pop-up and spyware thing... people are just apparently browsing the wrong kind of sites and need to learn to read, even though I would understand how these things are a problem for computer newbies. Anyway, all I want in a browser is to see the page.

Mozilla Firefox - tabbed browsing, and extensions allow me to block flash and enabled mouse gestures at my whim. Plus I only need a browser, which Mozilla Proper bundles with an IRC client, mail client, and HTML editor.

Favorite so far is Opera. Has everything I need. However, it doesn't work with all sites.

Firrefox was another good browser but installing all the extensions were just a pain when Opera had them all included already. I noticed that webpages loaded a bit quicker in Firefox though.

LOL people that get spyware and pops search the wrong sites... it's usually pron.. hey i'll admit it.. i've had spyware crap on my computer because i was looking at pron.. i'm not ashamed...

add another vote for FireFox here. Was skeptical at first, but i love every second of using it. nice interface, and tabbed browsing really helps out. At work i can have up to 20-30 IE windows open at one time, but with firefox, they are all grouped nicely and i usually only have 3 open. Its great when i can just grab one window and make it active to get all my work related sites up rather than dig though 20 [H]ard forum pages to find my sites :)

viper11885 said:
Firrefox was another good browser but installing all the extensions were just a pain when Opera had them all included already .

Yea I hate that.

So far its:

3/10 for Opera
1/10 for Netcaptor
1/10 for MyIE2
5/10 for FireFox

Make that 6/11 FireFox

The extensions are a little better in the new version, but I can't seem to get the tabbed browsings extension working right....

Tangent said:
One more vote for Opera here.
It does everything I want a browser to do like copy words in a hyperlink or increase both the pics and fonts when you increase the view size. The only that sightly pisses me off is that I used to be able to increase the view size don to the ones place but no more. :(

I like Firefox....

....and its companion program, IE Eradicator. :D

I haven't tried Opera but I'm using Firefox so I've had no reason to change let.

As it stands now:

27% for Opera
7% for Netcaptor
7% for MyIE2
6% for Lynx
53% for FireFox

Proud Opera user since 5.01 or was it 5.11...? Anyway, this latest release with the RSS newsfeeds is the best yet. I use my 'browser' for irc chat, RSS newsfeeds, Email and newsgroups (except binaries :eek:).

I love how easy it is to disable images, javascript, pop-ups, sound, plug-ins, cookies etc with one press of f12 and whatever options I decide to use. And not only that, but Opera (at least on my machine) is the only browser that displays .png files with alpha transparencies correctly. It definitely renders incorrectly in Mozilla.

If you need proof, check out this
copyright.png
. This © image displays perfectly in Opera, and except for the lack of transparency it even shows perfectly in IE.

Add to the fact that Opera is only about 3Mb d/l compared to over 10 or whatever for Mozilla, and I think the last version of IE I d/l'ed was about 23Mb. I could go on and on about the features of Opera and why it's better than the others, but it's very hard to teach the blind to see, and very tiring, so I won't.

I think Mozilla is a great browser, but not as much to my liking as "The Fastest Browser on Earth".

So, chalk another up for Opera.

edit: this image I posted actually looks ok on this forum, but on my site with a different color background, it looks like as$. And not only that, but it shows a white box around one of my CSS images in the top left, Opera doesn't and shouldn't.

site: http://members.shaw.ca/twohardcore/

THC

TwoHardCore said:
And not only that, but Opera (at least on my machine) is the only browser that displays .png files with alpha transparencies correctly. It definitely renders incorrectly in Mozilla.
You sure about that? I've had no problems at all with alpha transparency on Mozilla/Firefox, and I don't see what's wrong with the image on your site when viewed with Firefox; I'm assuming it would look the same in Mozilla.

Anarchonixx said:
You sure about that?

Yeah, here check it out:
Mozilla_render.jpg
. Maybe I've got an older version that was a bit buggy with this?

Either way, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me, as Mozilla/Firefox et al. is a distant secondary browser for me.

THC

TwoHardCore said:
Yeah, here check it out:
Mozilla_render.jpg
. Maybe I've got an older version that was a bit buggy with this?

Either way, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me, as Mozilla/Firefox et al. is a distant secondary browser for me.

THC

Ya you must have an older verison shows up fine in my firefox.

M11 said:
Firefox. Without question. It stops popups, repels spyware, and is free of the weekly security flaws like IE. It loads fast, and its tabbed browsing helps you keep your sanity. Its look and feel is also clean and crisp. Its also open source and free.

Though it's a little slow on my 166 laptop

First was Avant browser then I tried Mozilla browser and now, FireFox. The best browser I have ever used (IMO) is FireFox.

Another vote for FireFox...

FireFox

Can't be beat in my eyes, love the tabbed browsing, that in itself is reason enough to at least try FireFox. It lacks bloat which is getting harder and harder to find these days, but for every commercial program theres an equally good opensorce one. Keeps everything clean and crisp, even the new default theme has grown on me (I thought it looked abit bland intitially) they just have the UI very well set out and designed. But it's the little things like the new loading circel on the tabs that make 0.9 the most polished aswell. Fast page loads for me (56K, IE gets to be beyond a joke). 0.9RC is by far the best release of FireFox to date, they just keep getting better and better..

Personally I have never tried, but will have to.

I've tried and used Firefox a lot and it sucks compared to Netcaptor.
Seriously, check it out guys. (put the tabs down) and check out the features.

superjohnny said:
What is tabbed browsing and how do you use it?
You know how whenever you want to view a page on IE, you have to open a new window which takes up space on the taskbar? And sometimes you have like 7 pages open taking up your whole taskbar? Well, some browsers provide "tabbed browsing". This allows you to just have 1 instance of the program on the taskbar, while on the program's window, you have a sort of taskbar, or tabs, that you can click on to switch from page to page. You can still open new windows of the program, but you can just open new tabs instead.

Koslov said:
I've tried and used Firefox a lot and it sucks compared to Netcaptor.
Seriously, check it out guys. (put the tabs down) and check out the features.
While others might like it, the fact that it's built using IE as a backbone is what makes me not even want to try it. Using Firefox allows me to test how the webpages I make look in Gecko driven browsers.

Tabbed browsing lets you open another window, and uses a tab like a file folder, so that you can easily navigate between pages. Tabs was useful, for example, when linking this picture from my web space. Like so..............

tabs.jpg

If I counted right the score should look like this:

15/24 for FireFox
5/24 for Opera
2/24 for Netcaptor
1/24 for Lynx
1/24 for MyIE2

Superjohnny its where you can have multiply sites open in one main window, and by pushing #1 or #2 (in Opera atleast) you can switch to different tabs. Each tab is a new window, but with only having one MAIN window open not multiply windows open. Such as in IE, if you want to search two sites at one time you would have to run two seperate MAIN windows, but in Opera or FireFox it would be one Main window but with to tabs running...

lol I hope that makes sense, if not someone else can explain it.. lol ok how do I post pictures like that? I never learned how too... im so sad...

Back