internet access is blocked on some sites

Snakebyt

[H]ard|Gawd
This has been happening for a while now and i am at a loss on how to fix it, every once in a while i can update chrome or what ever browser i am using and it will fix it for a bit. This is on my home PC so nothing at all should be blocked. Has started to do it on my girlfriends PC as well. Does this in all browsers i have tried, chrome, chrome canary, edge, palemoon, firefox...

i have ran antivirus and malware and still nothing.. Any suggestions?
blocked.jpg
blocked.jpg

Those blue links ... where do they link to

Also, your location is in the shortcut bar.

firewall is turned off completly
other link is network diagnostics, says my computer is configured correctly. but no response from the site

what do you mean by my location is in the shortcut bar?
He means we all know you live in Lubbock TX now though I see you have it in your profile anyway so you likely don't care.

You don't have malware bytes installed do you? They've had issues lately that break internet access.

I can try uninstalling it .. just ran it and it came up with nothing

and yeah, i dont mind people knowing what city i live in

Note a few of the sites and boot with a live linux CD etc and see if they are still blocked. If not then its your PC if so then it is a router or some device that your connection is going through.

Reactions: xorbe
like this
Note a few of the sites and boot with a live linux CD etc and see if they are still blocked. If not then its your PC if so then it is a router or some device that your connection is going through.
Also, try connecting directly to the modem to see if the issue persists that way you can rule the router being the issue.

Grab a program like UltraSurf and see if that lets you access the sites. Basically would bypass anything your router or ISP is doing. Would be a good test.

Also, try connecting directly to the modem to see if the issue persists that way you can rule the router being the issue.

i am wired directly into a modem/router combo. I can access the sites on my mobile device just fine

That happened to me once before. Been running the prog for years but somehow HTTP blocking got enabled, maybe from a fresh OS install, don't remember. Went like a week with pages being blocked all the time. Then I started noticing normal trusted sites being "offline" like that and I realized something funky was going on.

Back