Interesting... Vertex 3 LT OEM != Vertex 3?

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227730

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?88788-Details-about-the-V3LT-25SAT3-240G.oem
Of note:
RyderOCZ said:
Still working on getting info. These are a 1 time shot, they are lower performance than the regular drives and they will not appear on OCZ.com.
Warranty will be 3 years.
32nm Toshiba Nand, different Nand so different performance.
So, ranking is as follows:
1) Vertex 3 MaxIOPS
2) Vertex 3
3) Vertex 3 LT.OEM (Toshiba 32nm Toggle)
4) Agility 3

No clue what separates the LT.OEM Toggle from the regular stuff. Apparently there's some ambiguity whether it's even synchronous or asynchronous, but it's certainly slower than regular V3 and faster than Agility3.

Last edited:
And more expensive, and probably without bracket, and out of stock.
I'm not seeing the upside here?

When it's in stock, it's not more expensive. I've seen $240 and below already in various other places, which puts it in the same price bracket as Agility. That's why I started reading up at all.

It looks like they've throttled the IOPS, probably in an attempt to keep the drives from getting into a lower performance state.

As long as it's 32nm Toggle and a 2281, it's going to act like any other drive of that config.

However, SF has a lot of partner-specific features that can be enabled or disabled. They probably use life-time throttling, and probably have throttled IOPS.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

If there are other differences, then they're not readily apparent.

It looks like they've throttled the IOPS, probably in an attempt to keep the drives from getting into a lower performance state.

As long as it's 32nm Toggle and a 2281, it's going to act like any other drive of that config.

However, SF has a lot of partner-specific features that can be enabled or disabled. They probably use life-time throttling, and probably have throttled IOPS.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

If there are other differences, then they're not readily apparent.
Well, RyderOCZ also said that even though it's 32nm Toggle, it's lower density than what's used in the Max IOPS, which would certainly affect bandwidth assuming same internal frequencies/timings.

Back