Interesting issue, pinning mozilla stuff to Taskbar

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
So I have Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird pinned to my task bar. However, when I check, use small icons, the icons for ONLY FF/TB disappear and are replaced by like the windows generic file icon. Does this happen to anyone else? (Win 7 Ultimate x64)

However, on my MSI Wind with Win 7 Pro (x86), this does not happen to the firefox icon (no TB installed on MSI Wind)

Any ideas?

Can anyone reproduce this?

Another interesting thing is that if I right click the LARGE icon, it shows the program and the option to unpin, that icon there is also that generic windows file icon.

I had some problems with icons disappearing on my with Revo Uninstaller for items pinned to the Start Menu. I deleted iconcache.db and rebooted to fix the issue.

So I have Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird pinned to my task bar. However, when I check, use small icons, the icons for ONLY FF/TB disappear and are replaced by like the windows generic file icon. Does this happen to anyone else? (Win 7 Ultimate x64)

However, on my MSI Wind with Win 7 Pro (x86), this does not happen to the firefox icon (no TB installed on MSI Wind)

Any ideas?

Can anyone reproduce this?

Another interesting thing is that if I right click the LARGE icon, it shows the program and the option to unpin, that icon there is also that generic windows file icon.

Right click the (send it to desktop from program folder) icon and choose properties and change icon, then select another icon from the list. Click apply, ok, and then change it back to the original. It should "refresh" that way. Then send it back to the taskbar. You can also just type the program name in the Start Menu box. Type "Firefox" and when the icon pops up, just right click it , select properties, change icon, apply, repeat to the original... Then after it's fixed, send it to taskbar or desktop.

Happened to me, that's the only was i was able to get the icons back.

There was a program which fixed this, forgot the name. Dial- .... something. One of the features was to "flush" the icons which refreshed them all back at the same time.

This used to happen rarely in Vista, looks like it hasn't changed in Windows 7... I'm using W7 also, btw.

Back